Lupo GTi Alarm

forsh21

try steel your car? laugh.gif

put your windows down and lock it. then stick your head in and wave ur arms around a bit lol will check the internal sensors arre working

haha think il do that when i get home as people would probley think im weird :wacko:

Would pressing that internal button stop the lights from flashing?

Put a window down and lock/arm the car.

Wait a min for it do its alarm cycle checks and wave your hand inside..........it should set the car horn off and give you a heart attack in the process laugh.gif

Ref the button inside........as mentioned it turns the interior motion sensor off if pressed but still allows the car to be locked etc, for cases where you leave a pet in the car.........it resets to being off when you disarm the car, meaning the sensors with be active on the next arm unless you press the button again.

Edited by Mike_M

If the indicators are not flashing it means the car thinks a door/bonnet is not shut I think - one of your micre switches will have gone.

Does the interior light come on whebn you open your doors?

If the indicators are not flashing it means the car thinks a door/bonnet is not shut I think - one of your micre switches will have gone.

My boot light is on all the time this might be the problem, il check it out later cheers guys

If the indicators do not flash when you lock the door, it is telling you that the alarm is not arming.

If the boot light it on all the time, this will be telling the alarm system not to set yet as the boot is still open.

Replace the boot lock mechanism (containing the microswitch) and this will rectify the whole issue.

If the indicators do not flash when you lock the door, it is telling you that the alarm is not arming.

If the boot light it on all the time, this will be telling the alarm system not to set yet as the boot is still open.

Replace the boot lock mechanism (containing the microswitch) and this will rectify the whole issue.

When you say the boot lock mechanism is that the part on the boot or the part where the boot shuts to if you get me?

• 3 weeks later...

When you say the boot lock mechanism is that the part on the boot or the part where the boot shuts to if you get me?

I might have a complete unit to sort this, bobbing about in the garage spare £15.00 ?

Live in preston let me know if you want it u know where i am cos u seen my cars on the drive ! If u want it let me know & ill c if i can find it u can call & collect if u want was removed & replaced by VW Preston when nothing wrong with it in error from low milage Gti had a similar problem Gary

I know for a fact that my drivers door has a faulty microswitch connection (the interior light does not come on unless it i pull the door from inside and the interior buzzer only sounds if I pull the door more from inside when the lights are on) - but the lights still flash when i lock it. I can't for the life of me set the alarm off though...could this be down to the microswitch? Is it an easy replacement?

Cheers