Lupo 3L

Adam

just a quick question, what is the difference between the 3L lupo and the normal lupos? have they different shaped wings like the gti's? and what engines do they have? im just curious as ive heard a bit of talk about them and wondered what they were.

erm, they is diesel dude....and ally panels i think (like gti) and someone correct me if i'm wrong...but i think the tailgate is titanium? now that would be a trick mod for a gti!!

i think they are called the 3L because they use 3 litres of dirtol for every 100km or something?

(prepares for barrage of pain from oil drinkers and techno peeps!!! ;-)

They sound like cool cars and a titanium tailgate?? Hmmmmmmm idea.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":idea:" border="0" alt="idea.gif" /> are these the ones with cambridge lights on the rear and they come in a sort of greeny gunmetal type colour?

and cheers for the pics dan

i just assumed they did (assumption is the mother of all feck ups add!) but on viewing them links they dont appear to have them on. they have a nice smooth grill though!

Bladdy Hell, I never knew it had the DSG box either, but apparently it does....from the VWVortex article:

"At the time we drove the Lupo [3L], we were aware that it had a strange new transmission, but what VW didn't tell us till now is that it is in fact the new direct shift gearbox (DSG) found in the R32 and Audi TT 3.2, albeit with very different programming and one less gear"

It's a magnesium tailgate - the DSG gearbox is in there purely for economy, so that it can make the acclaimed 3L to 100KM. In it's economy mode, the clutch automatically disengages whilst not accelerating, allowing the car to coast as this obviously saves fuel.

Actually the bonnent, wings and tailgate are made from aluminium, like the GTI. Only the steeringwheel is made from magnesium. The engine is a super economical version of the TDI which turns off automatically if the car is stationary for more than 6 seconds i believe. The gearbox is not a version of the DSG. It's normal automatic. The DSG is to big and heavy for an environmentally made car like the 3L.

I thought that the DSG only fitted onto a V6?

Well 3 cylinders is half of a V6 I suppose, although its diesel.

I really really like the look of a 3l I have to say especially those modded Scandinavian ones.

acc to Vortex article it has skinned DSG with tiptronic functionality

and almost all parts which were possible to be made off alu were made of alu (like brake calipers)

plus `eco-oriented` ECU programming and 155 tyres to top it off smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> (terrible handling mind you)

I'm going to check with a few 3L owners with our dutch club. Don't think a factory will make a bodypart from magnesium, to expensive on a little car.But you never know maybe it's true laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I'm thinking of maybe changing my front Rieger bumper for a 3L bumper, will take some work but it will bee 'clean' biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Hello. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> IM luke and i work 4 Volkswagen Racing UK and the proud owner of a lupo 1.4 sport. I know a bit about the 3L, IT WEIGHS ONLY 830KG! Which is 150kg less than an SDI. Thin glass windows, doors, wings and bonnet made of ally. tailgate is both ally and magnesium,Diffrent shape tail gate,rear bumper has intergrated diffusor, 10mm lower tha SDI, closed radiator grille, side skirts with special air deflectors.

The engine is a 1.2 `3-cylinder` diesel with turbo and charge air cooler. gear box is an auto.

Max power is 45bhp at 4000rpm and torque is 140nm at `1800-2400rpm`.

hope that helped abit tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />