Lupo 3L

Adam

QUOTE(luke22mk)
The gearbox isnt a DSG unit. Its an electronic manual gearbox. Its derived from the manual gearbox 085, and gearshifts are performed automatically :?

I wonder why that website decided it was dsg? Numpties biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

QUOTE(luke22mk)

Max power is 45bhp at 4000rpm and torque is 140nm at `1800-2400rpm`.

hope that helped abit tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Quite a torquey engine then, that almost as much as the 1.4 TDi

Welcome to the club too mate.

Varible vane turbo have quick responce at low engine speeds which is key in diesels! Reduces back pressure in the exhaust and part throttle range. This improves `bottom-end` torque and better fuel consumption.

Im at work skiveing dont tell any one :wink:

Think i will clean polish my car biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

you can tell us about the differences in the pd160 engine in my ibiza cupra compared to the pd130 if you want lol, having a debate on one of the other sites, some say the 150/160 engine is material grain tested and treated to ensure material strength which the 130 engine misses out on hence the block of the 160 is stronger and less prone to damage from tuning. Also it's been rumoured that VW don't advise more than 300lb/ft from the Tdi's because of drive shaft failure.

IM not 2 sure on what makes the 2 engines so diffrent but im guessing its going 2 b ECU related. Maby diffrent turbo. My golf 5 race car has 360Nm of torque and we change the drive shafts every 2 or 3 race meetings! The torque (and curb hopping followed by hard landings!) wear them out quick.

I will find out more 4 u! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

if u read the last article i put a link to youll see the auto box chooses the highest gear possible without stalling! so accelleration is a 'book in advance' procedure and grip on the skinny low rolling resistance tyres is little to none. cool steering wheel though. alu panels a hardcore mod for non GTI owners? (low weight / more speed?)

I was talking to a 3L member of our dutch Lupo club. He has traded in his old 3L for a new one that will be delivered about now. VW is starting to save on parts as for instance the backlit isn't lightweight anymore as standard, but a normal steel item. He is starting to buy used 3L parts still lightweight material to have it fitted to his new 3L. Is VW getting cheap?????

i now got the answer: Firts they used a combination of magnesium (frame) and aluminium (the rest) for the parts. With magnesium being the least amount of the two. Now they have turned to steel from the normal lupo's. The 3L olf version had better aerodynamics than the normal Lupo one.