Pro3mark

robgti

Just to say, on these type of forums (Edition 38 is the same), PMs cant be replied to unless you're on a PC or want to spend ages trying to let your phone load the full page for it just to crash.

I used my Blackberry a lot to browse when I'm on the move (or too lazy to get out of bed and put my laptop on) and the PM function isnt there.

Some people think I'm being rude by not replying, but its not the case at all.

If Mark uses his phone this may be one reason why PMs arent often replied to quickly even though he appears online.

Lauryn

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair point Lauryn I didn't know that, but if you knew someone was waiting for something off you wouldn't you keep them informed and make the effort to reply to pm's regularly?

I was selling R32 interior recently, I only got broadband installed in my house a few weeks ago and had put a for sale ad up using my phone before this. A guy bought it and was being hard hard work about it, PM'ing me a million questions and I was finding it difficult to reply (this was on Edition), and he called me rude!!

I replied ASAP, but I appreciate to the buyer it looked like I was online and being ignorant, truth was I just couldnt reply!

I usually always include my email address in for sale ads, that means people can email me and it will come direct to my Blackberry. This guy chose not to though and gave me a hard time about the PMs :rolleyes:

Lauryn

If you are going to list stuff for sale, you need to expect PM's, never had a issue with PM's on my phone, but including an email is a good idea.

Edited by 99hjhm

If you are going to list stuff for sale, you need to expect PM's, this is not aimed at anybody in this thread, but it happens loads. Never had a issue with PM's on my phone, but including an email is a good idea.

Mine just dont show on my phone since the new layout was introduced.

I've set it to email me with a copy of the conversation every time I receive a PM, so I at least know what the PM says, but I still cant reply til I log onto a PC!

Lauryn

I see what your saying Lauryn but the last time I had a pm was Monday and yes I have sent a lot of pm's to Mark but only because I want my parts, I have bought loads of things off people on this forum lately and not had to send other members loads of emails, Mark said he would pm me last night and still no pm up to now, just out of interest how long do people think is an acceptable time for parts when a deal has been done or what would you be happy with - 6 weeks seem fair to you?

Edited by Motormouth

I see what your saying Lauryn but the last time I had a pm was Monday and yes I have sent a lot of pm's to Mark but only because I want my parts, I have bought loads of things off people on this forum lately and not had to send other members loads of emails, Mark said he would pm me last night and still no pm up to now, just out of interest how long do people think is an acceptable time for parts when a deal has been done or what would you be happy with - 6 weeks seem fair to you?

Wow wow its between you and Mark.

All I was saying is you cant reply to PMs on a phone, needs to be a PC!

Lauryn

Once parts have been paid for, they should be packaged up and dispatched on the next available day!

I sell shed loads of stuff on eBay and get everything dispatched the next working day just so that it's easier for me to deal with! If it's not possible to dispatch stuff within a reasonable time, then it's common courtesy to contact the buyer and explain this to them giving an idea of when it can realistically be sent out!

Not sending stuff out for a week or so is exactly what gains people Negative feedback on eBay!

Lauryn sorry if it came across like I was having a go at you because I wasn't, I appreciate your comments as I didn't know the stuff about being logged on from your phone.

nfbr I agree with you, whilst doing the deal pm's were replied to straight away since then there has been little or no contact unless I have chased Mark or wrote on this thread which is the last thing I wanted to do.

I am a genuine person, I pay straight away and expect my parts as soon as possible within a week to two weeks max if there is a problem, is that too much to ask?

At the moment I still have no idea when I will get the bits even though apparently they were ready to be sent 2 weeks ago.

Can vouch for Mark being a genuine guy, I bought an item from him on here, he posted it and it got lost in post, I contacted him and he was very apologetic and sent a replacement out as soon as he could, so you've not been screwed over. :coffee:

Yeah i think he has been on the site a while and no one has ever had any problems before , certain it will be sorted asap .

But for comical value

ScarJo_popcorn.gif

Thanks for the reassurance but Mark doesn't seem bothered otherwise he would have been in contact but he still hasn't. I don't think this is anything to do with slow dispatch as he said 2 weeks ago they were ready for collection by courier. I wouldn't call it slow I would call it taking the p**s.

As said, I can post, can't PM. The situation has been explained and it's not as if I haven't been waiting for certain parts of the deal to go through at my end.

Can vouch for Mark being a genuine guy, I bought an item from him on here, he posted it and it got lost in post, I contacted him and he was very apologetic and sent a replacement out as soon as he could, so you've not been screwed over. :coffee:

lucky you! lol i bought something last year and that got lost in the post too

yeah i agree he was apologetic

stil with no BMC or £85 hahaha

if only there was something else apart from a dispatch code

Edited by adr1ch

• 2 weeks later...

Mark, sorry to bring this thread back but i just checked your profile and it said you were using the personal message function, yet you still havnt read my pm's? I know your a genuine bloke i just need to know when to expect them as my wheels for UD arnt going on until these arrive?

Chhers mate.

Just spoke to mark. He said he posted your arch liners and loads of the bits for people on saturday. Hope this helps :)

I only spoke to him briefly but got the impression he was having issues getting on here at the moment.