Anyone got the "itch" to sell?

sam bignell

I find the Lupo fun, and can put some really nice touches to one, individuality comes to mind too, but not by any means is it the best car EVVVAAA.

i find mine fun and its quite individual as you dont see many lupo's around and i think its one of the best cars in its class next to corsas, saxos etc.... like you say its not the best car in the world but it is fun and quirky

i do have a need for more power now but the stuff i want i cant afford to insure.

End of the day, you can get fairly fast cars by the time your 21, but surely, you'll just wear off the excitement.

I'm more than happy to play with Lupos until i have a family, in which case, i'm sure my children won't mind being taken to school in a Sierra Costworth or similar.

lol id love a cossie

im 23 now and the way i look at it the lupo is a nice little car fairly quick for the engine size and cheap to run, as theres nothing that really grips me i might keep it till im 25, then get something fast like an evo 8 fq330 or an bug eye sti

Edited by macaloon

Yeah, a friend (20) has a Lupo Sport, and an Import STi, 98 shape, he can't run the STi most of the time, aside from the insurance, he can use a tank in about 50 miles!

Yeah, a friend (20) has a Lupo Sport, and an Import STi, 98 shape, he can't run the STi most of the time, aside from the insurance, he can use a tank in about 50 miles!

Out of interest mate, how does he insure the Imprezza when he wants to drive it? :)

I'm only 6ft so it's not to much of an issue for me.

I'm after something still economical for occasion trips to uni, but fast for the weekends, future classic or generally something a little bit special/ rare. If money was no issue in regards to insurance I'd purchase a Z3M Coupe

islands62steelgraymz3jan2009.jpg

Basically I'm after a car which I've dreamed of owning when I was little. I bought the Lupo last year as I saw one in VW at the age of 11 when my mum bought her golf and instantly i wanted one. The only other car which caught my attention in my younger years was the only time i've seen a Z3M coupe at a bus stop

Owning a car which you've admired since childhood is probably the best, regardless of the car. I suppose for the older generation such cars maybe Countach etc

that is so my favourite car, I was at a junction and one drove past, definately just stopped and stared and gave way to him even though it was my right of way lmao!

232201846_29ac315a50.jpg

Ive currently got the itch to sell too, have done for a month or two but keep putting it off as i know i'll miss it. So havent really been throwing any money into the Lupo as i wouldnt really get it back.

Ive really wanted a VR6, could sell the lupo make a few bob and get a good VR6 for a bit. But its just trying to sell the lupo!

Would i get more from it if i put it back to standard and sold my bits ive bought? Or would i just sell it as is and give them the standard parts along with it?

Thing also is ive got a really good spec (not being big headed) so id want something decent out of it. A 2005 54 reg with 32000 miles on the clock surely is worth around £7000? Its due its service (not the cambelt one thankfully) so i'd be putting it through that first though

Z3M Coupes are awesome. The later ones with the s54 engines and TC are within price range now, those are the ones to go for.

As for the Elise, its the ONLY car I've ever really miss - I had my S160 (Series 1) for 2 years, and the summertime is just fantastic. On the flipside, winter is terrible, you'd have to be off your rocker to take it out in this weather, for example.

For that reason, I'd only ever own one again if I had a second car, for the reason above, AND because if you drive an Elise everyday, it ceases to become "special" - it becomes normal and you no longer appriciate its talents and foibles. You need a crap commuter car to reset your expectations, then the Lotus seems better than ever.

I'd buy one again in a heartbeat, but probably an S2 Exige this time.

I wouldn't mind a Z3 M Roadster. I duno why but I've always liked them, they are pretty cheap and have plenty of power for their size.

The only problem being, I need to save for a mortgage deposit and buying a faster car probably wouldn't help that lol.

Avoid the rover engine ones if possible !

my brother had an Exige S but its slightly the same car to live with

and as far as confort was it was his weekend car and he started getting fed up of getting in and out of ! in the winter there cold as heck because everything is aluminium you need a wide opening to get in them ! because the doors are pretty thick

reliabitliy- the toyota engined ones are absolutely spot on! and theres hardly much else to go wrong! but headlight bulbs are a arse to change by the way ! have to take the wheel arches off or something brutal like that !

cornering is unbeliveable feels like your face is being ripped off ! but thats on R888 tyres!

my brothers was the supercharged toyota vvt-i engine and it went like holy hell in a straght line sticking with gallardos up to around 110mph on nurburgring! that would be the same as a elise s engine wise

but i want one! when i can get insured on one ! thats all i know about them really

I've had the itch but then I am such a possesive person I could never sell it. I would strip it down so no one else could own it. Like if I was to sell a child. Limb by limb.

Plenty of cars I would love to own.

Aready mentioned the Twingo up above, the 500 Abarth, and new Fiesta S. It would have to be rare though, as is the Lupo (in SW anyway) so I wouldnt want a Golf Mk4.... That would be last resort.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm getting the itch more and more to sell my Lupo yet I love it to bits. But I'll have had it 2 years in May and I've done everything I really want to with it.

Also, I want another RenaultSport and I'm thinking this would make a great daily drive and still keep my Megane. Reminds me of the Lupo as it has character, but will be quicker and new so no MOT and will have warranty.

renaultsport-twingo-133.jpg

I'm getting the itch more and more to sell my Lupo yet I love it to bits. But I'll have had it 2 years in May and I've done everything I really want to with it.

Also, I want another RenaultSport and I'm thinking this would make a great daily drive and still keep my Megane. Reminds me of the Lupo as it has character, but will be quicker and new so no MOT and will have warranty.

renaultsport-twingo-133.jpg

I like the Twingo 133 - one with the Cup chassis would be a lot of fun. The only thing that puts me off is the dashboard layout - I'd prefer something more, er, conventional! Edited by Fow Vay

I know exactly what you mean mate, although I do like the idea of the big rev counter in front of you with the shift light. At least the speedo is big and digital so you can see your speed at a quick glance.

I drove a C4 a few times and the dash on that is utterly annoying. I think the Twingo isn't as fussy as that thankfully.

Definitely have to have the Cup chassis on a Twingo 133. Where as with a Megane 225 or even the Clio 182 you could get away without it as it's a quick car overall. The whole point of the Twingo is the handling as it's not hugely powerful car, you'd want it to handle the best it can.

So it'd have to be a Cup with the 'black and white pack' as shown in that pic, gives you gloss black 17" rims as well as gloss black wing mirrors and spoiler. :)