Arosa and lupo differences?

HaZz

Before i start, i'm not really sure where this should be, so if its in the wrong section a move would be cool, also if this has been done before which im sure it has, my bad, the search didn't come up with anything for me so if there is another thread like this a link would be appreciated.

But i was just wondering what the differences are between the cars? the seat seem to be a hell of a lot cheaper so im just curious if they arent built as well as the lupo or what? i have noticed alot more of you prefer the lupo's on this site by the looks of things why is that? just personal preference ?

Cheers

At the end of the day you are paying for a VW badge instead of a Seat badge. The cars are in the majority the same. Differences include things like colour, trim, badges, different wheels, different lights, bumpers, engines and most importantly Seat dont do a GTi version. The chassis and panels are mainly the same. The Arosa has a different wrap around window on the bootlid to the Lupo and as said before has different bumpers and headlights etc. Best advice i can give you is, if you are looking for something cheap but the same then buy an Arosa, and go for what you think looks the best. I prefer some of the colours the Arosa came in and i also like the mean front of the Arosa and not so much the bug face on a Lupo. If it wasnt for the engine that came in my Lupo id probably also have bought an Arosa because i think when modified nicely they look pretty tulip hot :)

• Like 1

At the end of the day you are paying for a VW badge instead of a Seat badge. The cars are in the majority the same. Differences include things like colour, trim, badges, different wheels, different lights, bumpers, engines and most importantly Seat dont do a GTi version. The chassis and panels are mainly the same. The Arosa has a different wrap around window on the bootlid to the Lupo and as said before has different bumpers and headlights etc. Best advice i can give you is, if you are looking for something cheap but the same then buy an Arosa, and go for what you think looks the best. I prefer some of the colours the Arosa came in and i also like the mean front of the Arosa and not so much the bug face on a Lupo. If it wasnt for the engine that came in my Lupo id probably also have bought an Arosa because i think when modified nicely they look pretty tulip hot :)

reading this

Emz arosa spring to mind :)

They maybe the same car underneath but Arosas (especially mk1) just look so much cheaper than Lupos. But then again they end up with the old Polo 8V engines and the old 6N interiors. Where as all the 1.4 Lupos are 16V with the new style of dash. Also you can't get grey plastic bumpers for a Lupo but the lower spec Arosas seem to have them.

I'd only every buy an Arosa if it was cheap otherwise I'd just buy a Lupo.

So are the main differences purly asthetics? (Check Spelling)

As i am looking to remove all the interior, including dash, and swap the engine, would it make much odds what car i started with? Im not to fussed about the looks as it will be a track/weekend toy. I think they both look exceptionally ugly so im not fussed.

I have had a look around Autotrader and the cheapest of each i can find is about £1k. So should i buy the Lupo or Arosa? or just what comes up first?

Kind Regards

Garry

If you are only after the shell it makes no difference really which one you go for. Go for whatever is cheapest and easy available. There are a few Lupo/Arosa track slags on here, have a flick through the search function for the threads, some are a good read :)

Your a legend! spot on what i wanted to hear! iv been on the search for a lupo for about 2 months now and haven't found any close by in good condition for my budget so iv been looking at arosa's and i can pick up a mint one with less miles for cheaper so im probably going to go for that now :)

Cheers again!

*EDIT*

one more thing... is there anything different about the safety or reliability with the arosa to the lupo?

Edited by HaZz

Your a legend! spot on what i wanted to hear! iv been on the search for a lupo for about 2 months now and haven't found any close by in good condition for my budget so iv been looking at arosa's and i can pick up a mint one with less miles for cheaper so im probably going to go for that now :)

Cheers again!

*EDIT*

one more thing... is there anything different about the safety or reliability with the arosa to the lupo?

To be entirely honest im not overly sure. Im not sure if the airbags vary between models. I assume that all Lupos/Arosas have a drivers steering wheel airbag and passenger side dash airbag. The only difference i can think of is that GTis come with red seatbelts so if you crash you are saved by posh seatbelts :D

As for reliability both cars have the same common faults which will occur after so many miles and there are plenty of help threads on here if you flick through the search function. Suspension differs on different models too

So are the main differences purly asthetics? (Check Spelling)

As i am looking to remove all the interior, including dash, and swap the engine, would it make much odds what car i started with? Im not to fussed about the looks as it will be a track/weekend toy. I think they both look exceptionally ugly so im not fussed.

I have had a look around Autotrader and the cheapest of each i can find is about £1k. So should i buy the Lupo or Arosa? or just what comes up first?

Kind Regards

Garry

On a Mk2 Arosa you could always swap the panels around to turn it into a Lupo if you were that way inclined.

If you want the cheapest of the cheap I would go for a Mk1 Arosa. Not only would it add to the sleeper effect, they are really cheap if you hunt around. I'm assuming you'll be going for a standalone ECU so it doesn't really matter what dash and instruments you get.

As for the original post, there are some subtle difference inside as well as outside. I quite like the cool red lights on the interior of an Arosa, but then the blue in the Lupo looks cool too. Probably best you just try both and see what you prefer, they are both good little cars :)

There should be no difference safety-wise between the basic models. Only difference is if it comes with an airbag, I think all Lupos had them (? correct me if I'm wrong anyone) but many Mk1 Arosa's don't.

On a Mk2 Arosa you could always swap the panels around to turn it into a Lupo if you were that way inclined.

If you want the cheapest of the cheap I would go for a Mk1 Arosa. Not only would it add to the sleeper effect, they are really cheap if you hunt around. I'm assuming you'll be going for a standalone ECU so it doesn't really matter what dash and instruments you get.

Thanks for the reply. The plan would be to use the MK2 16v clocks in the car and fabricate my own lightweight dash (flocked to keep it pretty) so no, the original instruments would not be an issue.

So it looks like either a dirt cheap (needs work) Lupo, or bargain Arosa. What sort of money should i be looking at for one? I would like a runner just for the practical aspect of moving it about :)

Garry

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1290681.htm

^ Yes it looks hideous but that chavvy bodykit is all just stuck on splitters, so should just pull straight off, leaving the original bumpers. I'm sure you'll get it for less than 800, and if you had no shame, you could drive it home. :lol:

Edited by LiamD

i prefer the mk2 arosa simply for the front end. i had a 1.0l one and that was awesome in the rare bronzey colour...now i have the sport in yellow lol...(preferd bronze)....it has a meaner front end compared to the lupo...the only down side to the arosa is the awfull lexus style lights on the back of the mk2 that come as standard...defoes worth swapping for lupo lights.!

i do love the lupo gti's though...look amazing

not keen on mk1 arosa at all lol. no offence if anyones got one.