GTi Spinning

s3boy

hhmm, definately need to get new tyres then, I might aswell get tyres for my Azev A's while im at, i was thinking of 195/45/15 and was wondering what is the best tyres to get that wont spin? my budget is roughly 200.

Is that for all 4? Or just the front pair?

You can get some very dencent fronts for that kind of money, but that won't go too far if you want to buy 4.....

I've never had any problem with spinning the wheels really. Maybe it's just that you're still used to the Sport and you have to adjust your pulling away method a little bit?

I just got 4 Goodyear Eagle F1's in 195/45/15 fitted for £61 each. Brilliant tyres. Toyo T1-R's are a little bit cheaper, should be able to get a full set fitted for around £200.

Less gas when pulling away??

Best tyres that wont spin... lol, Goodyear F1's or Toyo's.. Others might say Rainsports, but they look horrid!

But I would go for 205/45's, less spinning???

Unless you drive an LHD GTI, which does have ESP.

However, ESP does not do the same job as Traction Control!

EDIT: it could be because you now have some torque :P

Edited by jon_273

I have the Sportrac3s! Good in my opinion, however I paid about £50 fitted each. They are rather noisy though, a lot of squeal. If you can get the F1s cheaper, then I would get them tbh (Although T1-Rs in 205 section may offer more grip than a F1 in 195)

The tyres i use are Yokohama S-drive 195 45 R15 and they are the best tyre i have ever had the pleasure of using and i haven't used anything different since. Reasonably priced as well, if you shop around a bit then you could get them within your price range. People probably won't agree with me, but i think they are good. Stick like glue!!! ;)

Cheers, James