The Wheel Library

postmanpat

im not sayin cus i get bullied bout my taste in cheap and tacky wheels lol. No they are 4x100, 6J 15" ET38 so will stick out an extra 5mm compared to the bathursts. can only be a good thing tbh

Yes they are, depending on what stretch. Talk to a traffic officer or VOSA inspector next time you see one.

195 on 7.5" was the limit last I asked VOSA.

Im pretty sure its not the stretching of tyres that is illegal, more that using tyres outside manufacturers spec may void your insurance, making it illegal for you to be on the road.

BBS rm's-

7.5x15 on back

7x15 on the front

165/50/15 all round , perfect :D:wub:

Perfect sizes right there! :shades:

Here's mine on

RH Cups, 7x15" ET35 all round. 195/45/15's

IMG_2318_copy2.jpg

Schmidt Modern Lines 8x15" ET25 all round with 195/45/15 Toyo Proxes

Photo0120_small.jpg

Brock B5 8x14" ET25 with 5mm spacers 195/45/14 Toyo Proxes

2781221547_47615a2ea5_o.jpg

and VW Kyalami's! 6x14" with 185/55/14 Dunlops

IMG_8331_copy_small.jpg

Im pretty sure its not the stretching of tyres that is illegal, more that using tyres outside manufacturers spec may void your insurance, making it illegal for you to be on the road.

Stretching tyres is illegal, it has noting to do with being outside of manufacturers spec tbh.

Like I said. When you see a VOSA van or a traffic officer next ask them about it, if they're clued up then they'll tell you what I've told you.

Edited by richie.guy

I've had numerous amount of coppers behind me, and on back I'm running 9,s with a 195/45/14 and not one had said a word, I got pulled by one a few days ago bot a word, police at cruise and they usually get people for anything they can haven't said a word, and how can it be illegal when 20mm poke is the legal amount aslog as tread is under arch? Meaning either camber or stretch to ge the tread under the arch

As this is a library......

BBS 16x7.5J 4x100 ET35 Dunlop SP9000 195/40/16

DSC00149.jpg

VW Bathurst (Std Lupo GTI alloys) 15x6.5J 4x100 ET43 Dunlop S2000 205/45/15

DSC00127.jpg

Edited by 99hjhm

I've had numerous amount of coppers behind me, and on back I'm running 9,s with a 195/45/14 and not one had said a word, I got pulled by one a few days ago bot a word, police at cruise and they usually get people for anything they can haven't said a word, and how can it be illegal when 20mm poke is the legal amount aslog as tread is under arch? Meaning either camber or stretch to ge the tread under the arch

Camber it is then. Ring VOSA and ask them if you think I'm incorrect on the tyres issue.

• 2 weeks later...

nice wheels people :) I'm still on the fence as to which to get, i love deep dish i really want some 13s some thing like : http://www.polleymotorsport.co.uk/polley/catalogue_wheels_final.asp?id=91&manufacturer=Weller%20Wheels (that i found in another thread) , but a voice in my head is tell me Ronal Turbo's all the way, then i have a 3rd voice whispering ATS cups!

*head explodes*