E38 2009 - Review Thread

Fran

I also fell down that big hole in front of Boy'dups car. :lol:

I was in my tent (right near the hole) and I heard you fall in and start yellign about how there was a massive hole - I was giggling to myself, I applogise now for laughing at your misfortune :lol:

I had a pretty good time, didn't feel I got to see enough of your guys as we were so spread out. Lupos and Arosas all over the show instead of all on the one stand and campsite like we used to be :( Also saw about 7 Mk1s, we're a long way from the days when it would just be mine and Adams at shows!

Atmosphere wasn't the same as in previous years, alot more wory about damage to cars instead of being able to walk away and leave it knowing it'd be fine in the morning. But I'll give edition another try next year as I did enjoy seeing the people I did catch up with. :)

I do think they need to sort out the layout though. More clearly marked roads right through the camping area, not just at the beginning would help, so you can actually get in and out. And marked and assigned club stands so you don't have the mad rush in the morning to get a spot, and then random stands scattered everywhere.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And congrats for holding your turd in :lol:

Dude, she unleished that turd in a bp petrol station not far away from edition.... i then had to follow her in the toilet...

I never knew a girl could produce such a smell :lol:

:lol:

Such a delightful topic of conversation!

Mind you, probably better than some of the topics of conversation over the weekend... :lol:

I apologise now for our conversation on Friday night in our tents. If anyone heard that... sorry.

Little Howie probably did get bummed in the night though, I mean, this was Sunday morning...

9324_130801396093_511031093_2697320_7016803_n.jpg

I'm not going to ask - but however some people were impressed by my conversation on Friday night LOL

Well when you first saw me you were hammered. I think it all went downhill from there, I did enjoy trying to act sober for security while getting a bollocking for driving you to the loos at 1am. :lol:

Lol twas fun Orla! Your 118 friend was funny too

Awww, that guy walked past our camp Saturday night, never been so glad of a megaphone in my life!

A few years ago when I was attending E38 it was the best car show I had ever been to, could not wait for it to come around each year.

I worry about my cars, maybe too much, but at E38 I used to leave the windows open and the bonnet open without worry of anyone damaging or stealing from the car. One of the things i really liked about the show was the friendliness and consideration for each others cars, it was the only show that I found to be similar to how the classic mini scence was.

This year I considered coming down on Friday afternoon and camping Friday night but I am so glad I did not now after hearing of the large amounts of cars suffering damage and people messing with them and leaning on them. I would be really p!ssed if anyone messed with my car, innocently or not, one persons meddling can easily resort in £1000's of pounds of paint damage for example and we are not all fortunate enough to just be able to pay for repairs after spending to get our cars how we want them ready for the show.

Sounds to me like the show was full of d!ckheads with no respect in other peoples property and if they are playing with balls at a carshow then they are not really that enthousiastic about the cars...I mean would you go to football match a read a book for the entire game?

If this is how the scence is going then I am glad I am not involved anymore, a real shame as it used to be so great.

i don't really know what to say, it seems as though people have lost faith altogether. i've just read all 8 pages of the topic and i feel kinda gutted for the guys at E38. Must take a lot of effort to organise the biggest show of the year EVERY year!

Saying that, i was in a campsite with over 60 People so no matter how poor the cars were, the weekend was never gonna be a failure!

The security issues were something we had issues with last year, i noticed you guys were camped down the bottom rather than the usual prime spot! We had a lot of trouble with security, just being fussy to be honest. its as though they didnt walk any further down the campsite than us. We got a lot of stuff stolen which wasnt good but i didnt let it stop the weekend!

Didnt really look around as many motors as i normally would but i suppose im just bored of seeing the same stuff as last year.

As for Al, Nikki, Tigz, Casper, TrebleT, Clairey, Lunalupi and a few others, was very nice to meet you/see you again and ORLA, you are mental! how strong was that Vodka RedBull you gave me?

In summary hope all the Chavs didnt spoil it for everyone else, keep the faith and i hope the scene has a new face this time next year!

ps... as i was walking around camp later on at night it occurred to me that EVERY lupo/arosa had the wipers up, no others just lupo's!!

i only noticed as Mine and LupoLuke's had been done

Earni From Un-H20Shire

keep an eye on the blog - un-h20.com

haha im quiet really, that vodke redbull was the death of me, 1 litre of vodka plus 4 cans of redbull i should have known it would have ended up in failure :lol:

Earni your a top bloke and had a proper good laugh with you, even though half your mates took the piss out my accent :P

yea my bonnet was damaged on sat night parked in the camp, it will probably polish out but stil annoying all the same, it shouldnt happen

Edited by orla

Sorry I didnt manage to come and see you people actually, hardly got any spare time to go and wander about, time just disappeared!

never been so glad of a megaphone in my life

Was it you that shouted at me through a megaphone asking if my A3 was on air coilovers mate?

I enjoyed the whole weekend, met some old and new faces, and spent time with some great people! Camping at the 'quiet' end turned out to be a good move.

Only thing that annoyed me was people playing football in the showfield, right amongst all the parked cars. I actually saw the ball bounce off my lower bumper at one point - after this they put it away. WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? IF YOU WANT TO PLAY FOOTBALL GO TO AN EMPTY FIELD NOT ONE FILLED WITH SHOW CARS :angry:

Also toilet facilities could be better, with more spread out through the camping area.

The drive home OK too since I had two little lupos to keep an eye on in my rear view mirror :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.