My Arosa TDI

Tallika_Fan

Well folks, after a few problems with the Lupo, it wasn't cost effective for myself to fix it, so i have now joined the two 'darksides', the SEAT clan and the derv owners club.

The car is an 02, as you can see from the reg, with almost 73k on the clock. Completely standard, till me owning it now of course.

So far i have transferred the heater and light switches over from the Lupo, aswell as the dash cubby and my stereo, it did have an aftermarket mp3 cd player in though i couldn't for the life of me get it to come on without the ignition being on, so i've swapped back to mine.

My sub and amp are back in their original boxes and in the boot, without the enclosure, still takes up half the boot, but it's all covered. The back seats will stay in this one, probably, i've taken the head rests off the back though, just don't like them there on the back seats.

The rear lights i shall swap for my lupo ones, when i find the correct wiring diagram for them. I've installed chrome front indicators to take the fried egg look away. Though i did notice that it was all condensated on the drivers side, any ideas?

Further plans are to swap my coilovers from the lupo, aswell as the front brakes, then i should be sorted for sometime. Oh, i have a scangauge en route too. so that'll be fun to play with.

This is a photo of the autotrader advert followed by a few i took myself this afternoon on the way home from work.

Comments welcome.

trader01.jpg

PICT4369.jpg

PICT4372.jpg

PICT4375.jpg

PICT4376.jpg

PICT4377.jpg

Edited by Tallika_Fan

:o Ahh, whats happened to the lupo then? Does the engine need a bit of TLC after all that mileage?

You seem to do lots of miles so the TDi should suit you well. They don't respond to being thrashed in the same way as the sport but with a remap it will be quicker and can be just as fun to drive :D.

The indicator bulbs must have been hard to fit; there is hardly any room in the bay! Good news on the scangauge though, a few people have bought one after seeing mine haha

Eventually i'll be getting a remap, i'm getting used the car as a whole now, the way the power comes in, and then out. It's nice, though obviously it's not suited to staying in the revs, so i like it so far.

Made a couple more changes, just swapped the grab handles for the lupo ones as they're damped. Was going to swap the door pull, though it's bonded with something not allowing for easy removal.

The indicators weren't the easiest things to swap, feckin' tight to get to! though managed it in the end.

As for the lupo, yeah could do with some tlc, i was planning a rebuild before fitting the chargerm though the problems came at the wrong time, so had to make the decision, and this should be well suited to the mileage i cover too.

I'm looking forward to getting the scangauge, a fella i used to work with bought one and since then i wanted one, then i saw that you'd fitted one into yours. It makes sense to have one. Also one day i'd like to get round to fitting cruise control too.

I still have to figure out how to change the rear lights for my lupo ones, though haven't had a proper look yet.

I'll get some more photos up soon.

Cheers folks.

Little update for you folks. I swapped the rear lights from the lupo on to the Arosa yesterday, using this how to thread, to dismantle the rear connections, and also using the wiring numbers from another thread. I have written a useful addition to the sequence you might like.

Lupo

LHS

1 - black/blue (Reverse Light)

2 - empty (Should be fog light)

3 - brown

4 - black/white

5 - black/grey

6 - black/red

RHS

1 - black/red

2 - grey/red

3 - black/green

4 - brown

5 - grey/white (Fog Light)

6 - black/blue (Reverse Light)

Mk2 Arosa

LHS

1 - black/blue (Reverse Light)

2 - black/white

3 - brown

4 - brown

5 - red/black

6 - grey/white

RHS

1 - black/red

2 - grey/red

3 - brown

4 - brown

5 - black/green

6 - grey/white (Fog Light)

I did notice that when i've replaced the n/s fog light bulb on the lupo in the past, that it did nothing, this makes sense now as there isn't a wire for it. So anyone who doesn't have one needs to run a wire from the no.5 connector on the o/s to the no.2 connector on the n/s. Wish i'd have done this in the past.

Anyway, i now have my lupo lights on the arosa, and in my opinion it looks so much better, much cleaner. And using my powers of deduction i also no have 2 fog lights and 2 reverse lights on the mk2 arosa.

Here are the photos to show you.

Before:

PICT4398.jpg

PICT4399.jpg

During:

PICT4400.jpg

After:

PICT4401.jpg

PICT4404.jpg

Lights on:

2x Reverse

PICT4405.jpg

2x Fog

PICT4406.jpg

Indicators in correct position:

PICT4407.jpg

Thought i'd sort the sub box out too, it was 'held' in position with a bungy from either side of the boot though this was poor, it kept creeping to the middle of the boot. So i got out my genuine VW luggage straps and had a go at securing it a little better. Easily attached from the left of the boot to the speaker grille and on the right from the grille to the center seat post.

Before:

PICT4385.jpg

PICT4386.jpg

PICT4387.jpg

With a plank to keep the boot from sagging (due to the small space saver wheel in a deeper well than the lupo sport)

PICT4390.jpg

After:

PICT4408.jpg

PICT4410.jpg

Comments and suggestions are welcome as always.

Edited by Tallika_Fan

Right, small update, i have now received my ScangaugeII, it's currently in it's temporary position, velcro'd to the bottom of the 'Arosa' thingy.

It's a little strange in the way that i haven't found out how to switch it to £'s instead of $'s, i haven't yet done the second fillup, so therefore haven't got the the mpg readout yet, though i'm impressed with the other gauges, there is another feature called Xgauge, this enables you to input your own data for different readouts, though the two that i really want are ambient air temp and oil temp. Both of those don't want to work, so i have inlet temp and coolant temp in their place.

Anyway a fun one was inputting the BHP gauge, you'll see the results below, somewhat optomistic i think....

PICT4413.jpg

PICT4415.jpg

PICT4416.jpg

PICT4417.jpg

Edited by Tallika_Fan

I can't see a problem with them results! :D

So where are you going to fix it permanently? When I get on it's going done where all them blank switches are. I've already moved the rear heated window switch over.

Steve, i thought about fitting it there too, though i haven't tried it in the lupo cubby. it's just a little too tall too fit in the small felt cubby above the heater control. I also thought about where Jon (I think) has fitted his into a din blanking plate.

Trial and error will prevail, at the moment though it's comfortable to reach from the gearstick.

RE: the MAP, that would explain that it's 15.5ish at idle/rest. I'd still like an oil temp though.

I'll look into the velcro, though to be honest, i don't go into the boot that much, so it's not causing me too much discomfort having the straps there.

Edited by Tallika_Fan

Steve, i thought about fitting it there too, though i haven't tried it in the lupo cubby. it's just a little too tall too fit in the small felt cubby above the heater control. I also thought about where Jon (I think) has fitted his into a din blanking plate.

Trial and error will prevail, at the moment though it's comfortable to reach from the gearstick.

RE: the MAP, that would explain that it's 15.5ish at idle/rest. I'd still like an oil temp though.

Excellent B)

I've got intake air temp and coolant temp on the bottom of mine too. The coolant temp is miles more accurate on the scangauge than the gauge in the dash!

It will be interesting to see what the highest figures for MAP and Intake air you get with a standard TDi. I have seen over 35psi MAP briefly, usually holds at 32-33psi under full throttle in the lower gears. I also saw 67C intake temp the other day, never seen it anywhere near that high before but the car seemed to be going well :o

P.S. it fits above the heater controls, Phil has his there, only thing is it can be difficult to read if you are tall as the cupholders obscure the view - the arosa is not so bad since the cardholder is much thinner ;)

And yes I put it in a din plate for ultimate OEM finish :D

It will be interesting to see what the highest figures for MAP and Intake air you get with a standard TDi. I have seen over 35psi MAP briefly, usually holds at 32-33psi under full throttle in the lower gears

as mentioned, MAP is totally different than boost!

could you give me the code you used for the BHP one,i have a scangauge aswell but mine reads 1.4bhp lol

Richard, this is the one i used (Diesel) from the Xgauge pdf

HORSEPOWER
All Vehicles
GAUGE TXD RXF RXD MTH NAM Notes
HorsePower 00 400080000000 0000 000A00170000 HPR Gasoline Gross/Brake
HorsePower 00 400080000000 0000 000A00240000 HPR Diesel Gross/Brake

Give that one a go.

Jon, i saw it peak today just over 33psi, though as said it's not a boost gauge, it'd be interesting to temporarily fir one to see how they compare. It'd be nice to fit it somewhere so it looks OEM, though we shall see.

If need be the unit can be removed and the circuit board can be installed elsewhere, if the housing is too big.

I'm not the tallest person, and i have the seat at the lowest, so that location would be alright for myself. Though saying that i had the outside temp gauge in that location in the lupo and you're right with the under dash switches/(cupholders if you had a newer model) did start to obscure that.

Has anyone been able to find a oil temp reading with this thing.

I'm looking into a Liquidguage for the Fabia and have gone so far as getting the guy who makes them out to test it, but is seems that this data block exists, but isn't populated on any of the 1.9 PD TDI engines. If you can get this to work - even though it's a different engine - I would love to know where you found the data - because then we can get it coded into the diesel version of the Liquidguage and good things would happen...

Cheers, Deek.