My Arosa TDI

Tallika_Fan

Just a couple of updates. Mileage ones..

73001.jpg

74000.jpg

So far so good!!

spread.jpg

I managed to kill my trolley jack too, the thread on the plug is stripped, so had to use the widow maker to get it off an axle stand, wasn't pleasant!

I'll get a piccy of that another time.

If you are wanting to fit an analogue boot gauge then I always thought a small one might fit above the clocks, since the arosa has the GTi/Polo 6N2 style clock cover?

P.S. good link there for the extra codes :)

Have you got a pic of yours fitted there Jon?

See here http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?sho...34101&st=60

as mentioned, MAP is totally different than boost!

MAP is just boost + atmospheric pressure (14.7)... so MAP-14.7 = Boost

Just need to do a bit of mental maths whilst driving :lol:

Edited by jon_273

If you are wanting to fit an analogue boot gauge then I always thought a small one might fit above the clocks, since the arosa has the GTi/Polo 6N2 style clock cover?

Not mine....i swapped the boobie clock cover from my lupo. So i'd have to find somewhere else. Might be able to fabricate something, though i've programmed the BST gauge so don't have to do mental maths whilst driving.

P.S. good link there for the extra codes :)

No problem, it's just be nice if the Arosa supported ambient air temp and oil temp. Then i'd be very happy. Anyone know if the sensors can be fitted and plumbed back into the ecu?

P.S. good link there for the extra codes :) See here http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?sho...34101&st=60

It does look smart there how you've finished it.

Edited by Tallika_Fan

It does look smart there how you've finished it.

Yes I'd really like oil temp too. I have looked on vagcom but can't find any blocks that seem to read oil temp. I was hoping the 1.9's had it going by Deeks post it appears not, hmmmm.....

Well perhaps another smaller/secondary gauge and sender could be used in the switch blanks, like the ones you used to get for the mk2 golf switch blanks.

A little bit of digging, Duostyling. Though i'm sure there are similar things available (for a smaller amount of readies.

A2_Oil_Temperature_set_of_three.jpg

Never seen those gauges before, they look very smart!

I've been looking on google/SCN/tdiclub.com but can't find out much about an OEM oil temp sender. I've seen an aftermarket sensor which goes into the base of the oil filter housing where the OEM pressure sensor is, but I really want it wired into the ecu so the scangauge can read it. Thinking cap is on!

Never seen those gauges before, they look very smart!

I've been looking on google/SCN/tdiclub.com but can't find out much about an OEM oil temp sender. I've seen an aftermarket sensor which goes into the base of the oil filter housing where the OEM pressure sensor is, but I really want it wired into the ecu so the scangauge can read it. Thinking cap is on!

You want to get a Newsouth "Plugport" this is basically a new Sump plug with a threaded hole to fit a standard type Oil Temp sensor.

As seen here

Is this the best place to fit it? I would have thought that a sandwich plate with a temp sensor and oil pressure sender.

I don't know whether this is the case on a diesel block though, whether there is enough room. (not had a look myself)

It would be nice and oem for the scangauge to pick it up, though i think the use of some well place 'gadgets' will go down nicely too.

• 1 month later...

Right, small update, i have now received my ScangaugeII, it's currently in it's temporary position, velcro'd to the bottom of the 'Arosa' thingy.

It's a little strange in the way that i haven't found out how to switch it to £'s instead of $'s, i haven't yet done the second fillup, so therefore haven't got the the mpg readout yet, though i'm impressed with the other gauges, there is another feature called Xgauge, this enables you to input your own data for different readouts, though the two that i really want are ambient air temp and oil temp. Both of those don't want to work, so i have inlet temp and coolant temp in their place.

Anyway a fun one was inputting the BHP gauge, you'll see the results below, somewhat optomistic i think....

PICT4413.jpg

PICT4415.jpg

PICT4416.jpg

PICT4417.jpg

You guys might be interested in this:

Finally got hold a Liquidgauge for the VRS - I've talked about it on here a couple of times...

Have a look at the hp figure!! Completely stock car on 34k miles. Driven hard, so maybe that's something to do with it. Well chuffed!

4037429947_3a67ba98d6.jpg

4035959369_f53daf3e61.jpg

• 3 months later...

Very nice TDi you have there, looks a very tidy example, its a good colour too. Though i prefer the Arosa lights :coffee:

I too added the boot carpets to mine and the scanguage. I also added cruise control, which is something which might benefit you since you do a lot of miles?

Really wish i still had mine now, how stupid i was to sell it :(

Cheers matey. It needs a good clean at the moment and a good service too.

The plans for mine still stand for cruise control and a remap, though higher things on the priority list mean they get bumped out of the way.

It'd be a lot nicer if 5th was a tad longer too, so that 70 came it at 2k. It's not a cheap mod though i've found out. so will just have to slow up a little. Saying that a larger diameter wheel will help out a little there methinks.

It'd be a lot nicer if 5th was a tad longer too, so that 70 came it at 2k.

Aye dam right it would! Mine could easily pull a 6th gear. I thought about a Polo Bluemotion 'box too but when I drove one I thought the higher 3rd and 4th would affect performance too much.

Cant say i thought that about mine, 2500 at 70 is pretty average for a 5 speed diesel. Mind i had gone from my 1.0 to the TDi which does 4000 rpm an 75, so it was a bit of a change! Though a sport box is the same, but you had a S gearbox in yours, did you not Tallika_Fan?

yeah well remembered, i had the longer gears in the sport, so much nicer on a run, plus it'd pull for longer too. Took a little to get used to it a first though.

I did a bit of a search a while back and came across some nice information on an Audi A2 owners club, they linked through to a german A2OC that someone had replaced the 5th cog for a longer one, gearbox insitu too, not cheap though.

It all helps to keep the consumption good in the end, without having the compromise of dropping the speed down to 60mph.

• 7 months later...