Supercharged or Turbo'd??

lloydy

Performance  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With unlimited money i'd definatly be getting bike engines involved, however for the sake of the poll i vote supercharged, its just cooler

With unlimited money i'd definatly be getting bike engines involved, however for the sake of the poll i vote supercharged, its just cooler

Bike engine conversions can be done (from what I know) for around 6k. That's a lot of money sure, but you can spend a hell of a lot more!

two vr6's one in the front one in the back... oh no wait thats already getting done :P

Im searching for a 1.4 tsi from the golf gt sport.... if they made the lupo today it'd be my bet that that would be the engine in the Lupo gti. Its a slow search :(

I didnt realise they were that heavy iirc they are around 20kgs lighter than a 20vt and just want to do something a bit different than charge the standard lump or 20vt it, ill do even more research then. 210bhp and 240nm with just a remap isnt that shabby is it? Any other suggestions?

Edited by tomnotrevo

Only reason I want the tsi is that its new, and as far as i know its not been done before.

Next time your near doncaster in your polo drop me a pm and change my mind on the 20vt :lol:

Im in Doncaster now ;)

haha shame im in Sheffield :lol:

Edited by tomnotrevo

I voted for turbo. I am not a fan of supercharger whine. I dare say if i had one it would become music to my ears

but it annoys me every time i hear the stupid woman across the road doing a 7 point turn to go off up the road.

veeee shhhh veeee veeeee shhh veee veEEEE :doh: she has spoilt it for me. That car has to make the most

annoying sound of any car doing a maneuver. I am wishing the power steering pump will go soon, sure sounds

like its getting there :)

I thin the TSI would be a good shout, its what, 170bhp standard? May be rather complicated and expensive to tune though

yeah the standard 170 from the golf gt sport, goes to 210 with just a remap on the standard car, so with new breathing gear and obviously a full custom exhaust i recon more than the 210 should be liberated from it.

Its actually what i plan on doing when I get a placement job! so ill let you know how it goes :P