miles per tank?

mattay

What you getting out the VX Philplop? That engine gets about 35mpg lugging a Vectra around, so 40mpg could be acheivable?

:lol: I should be so lucky!

About 160ish miles to £30ish I think. Which is about 25mpg. :huh:

I haven't driven it very much at all though as it has a misfire. Hopefully when these new lambda sensors are fitted it will be better. Have read that they're good on fuel though, a big part of why I bought it! So fingers crossed!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the moment i'm averaging 275 per tank, in a V reg sport with a 75bhp gearbox.

How many litres is the tank, i didn't know there was a difference. I generally get 30 litres in running it pretty much through the red before filling it up, never with the expansion though, though once i had 33.6 litres. Is it a 35 litre tank?

best mpg i've had for a while has been 43, though i average 39-41, mixed driving.

nfbr, you're just showing off with the derv figures. They don't count, lol!

I don't see how 220 is possible in hard town driving! I got 180 all the time until I started easing off on the NSL roads. My economic runs were 2 three hour trips sitting at exactly 70mph. May have been a bit less than 350, now I think about it, but the difference between doing 70 and 80 is huge.

All the tanks are supposed to be 34 litres, of which 6 litres is the reserve.

I struggle to get 28 litres in even after running it through the red! I read somewhere its to do with diesel fuel foaming? How much do the other TDI owners put in when they fill up?

All the tanks are supposed to be 34 litres, of which 6 litres is the reserve.

I struggle to get 28 litres in even after running it through the red! I read somewhere its to do with diesel fuel foaming? How much do the other TDI owners put in when they fill up?

So if you dont use the magic button, you should only be able to fit 28 litres in?

So if you dont use the magic button, you should only be able to fit 28 litres in?

I don't use the magic button, usually for lack of remembering, and i usually get 29-30 litres in.

I guess i run it down more than most people. :rolleyes:

Might try the button next time i fill.

Not sure about that TBH, but I would suspect so. I used to be able to get about 28 litres in my petrol lupo without running it too far though the red.

what the hell is this secret button?!

its so secret i dont have a clue what it is!

When you open the fuel cap on the right hand side of the hole there is a small black lever in the green plastic collar (sheilded by a ridge round the edge, when filling the car if you push it in you should hear air being pushed out. I can generally get another 10ltrs in if I use it.

No such luck I have spent years looking for vertical take-off too with out any success. Rocket lauchers? Pah! not even on the options list!

Edited by JB1.0e

ive been able to get 34 litres into a tank that still had some in by using the secret button

Mine had an achievement this morning, from putting 30 litres in last time i filled i managed 290.5 miles, with a mpg of 43.98, well chuffed.

Anyway, from this i managed to now fit 34 litres, without the use of the button. if I've done my maths correctly i should be able to see around 320+ if i drive the same for this tank.

I wasn't driving like a granny either.

This is part of my spreddy if anyone's interested:

16/04/2009 140099 277.2 446.1 30.03 6.61 £0.949 £4.31 14.70 41.52 Filled (Tesco) £28.49

23/04/2009 140390 290.5 467.5 34.08 7.50 £0.939 £4.27 15.57 43.98 Filled (Tesco) £32.00

Edited by Tallika_Fan