This makes me sick

Guest Lauryn

No, you get life imprisonment, with the chance for parol after a minimun of 25 years for Murder.

I think you must be confusing yourself with what the Media may tell you to sell papers.

I dont really read the papers.. :ermm:

Example.. a few months ago a female driver and her male pasanger were travelling down through lincolnshire, back from a day at the races.. both of them over the alcohol limit. They loose control of their Merc Sports car at high speed and wipe out a young couple standing on the hard shoulder waiting for a breakdown service for their car. They were killed instantly.

The occupiers of the vehicle are now appealing against their "guilty" verdict based on their claim that one of the jurors said "they are guilty as hell" prior to the hearing. They are now having a re-trial shortly looking for early release arguing that they're verdict was biased.

Ok so this isnt "murder".. but surely any court with an ounce of sensibility would deny them the right to appeal, let alone an early release after only a matter of months. They were over the limit, they killed two people from reckless driving. Now they could be released in a matter of months.

Where is the punishment?

I can't beleive people are justifying this behaviour! Punching and kicking is one thing but knifing a child- by another child- till their elbow bone hangs out??

Thank god I dont live were this is classed as normal. I might hate my town but this kind of thing doesn't happen and if it did I wouldn't be sat here saying, " yeah well **** happens, you get a good beating now and again"

Sure enough cruetly and torture have been present through the ages but we've advanced enough to learn that stoning and stabbing each other isn't exactly productive and certainly doesnt prevent similar behaviour.

Its not appropriate in the 70s/80s/90s, nor is it now!!

I can't beleive people are justifying this behaviour! Punching and kicking is one thing but knifing a child- by another child- till their elbow bone hangs out??

I'm not justifying it, all I am saying is it is human nature.

We are a nasty bunch at heart, and after thousand of years our civilisation may have bedded down most of these issues, but they have always been there and I suspect they always will be.

Can you remember the kid who was hung by the railings in Conisbrough in the early 90s?

It was a joke/game between two 11 year olds mates who lifted their 9 year old brother up and hung him on the railings.

They left him there, he slipped and his coat strangled him.

You wont remember it as it wasn't all over the news, but at the time it caused just as much of a stink.

any of the older members, if you was at school when the corpral punishment was banned, did the behaviour of children change? cos i think they should bring it back. if teachers could cane pupils again, they wouldnt get as cocky as they do nowadays. like someone said before, kids are fearless cos no-one can touch them. and those with kids, do you watch who they hang around with? im not saying that in a cocky sarcastic way, but i bet you watch out who they play with? i blame the people they hang around with as much as the parents who dont correct the mistakes the children make through life. also, no-ones mentioned videogames yet? gran theft auto, missions on there mainly consist of shooting and killing people, they can brainwash children into thinking its acceptable. and also cos the character always comes back to life, in tip top shape, kids seem to think that whoever they kick crap out of, or stab, in this matter, will be alright in 2 weeks time.

rant over :)

Guest Lauryn
any of the older members, if you was at school when the corpral punishment was banned, did the behaviour of children change? cos i think they should bring it back. if teachers could cane pupils again, they wouldnt get as cocky as they do nowadays. like someone said before, kids are fearless cos no-one can touch them. and those with kids, do you watch who they hang around with? im not saying that in a cocky sarcastic way, but i bet you watch out who they play with? i blame the people they hang around with as much as the parents who dont correct the mistakes the children make through life. also, no-ones mentioned videogames yet? gran theft auto, missions on there mainly consist of shooting and killing people, they can brainwash children into thinking its acceptable. and also cos the character always comes back to life, in tip top shape, kids seem to think that whoever they kick crap out of, or stab, in this matter, will be alright in 2 weeks time.

With regards to the cane thing, maybe it did work back in the day, but I think its like saying violence is OK, if you're bad the teacher will hit you! I can see it being a deterrance, but its bringing violence to an extent back into the equation. If its OK for your teacher to hit you, is it then OK to go and hit other people with things?

The vast majority of parents do watch out who their kids play with imo, I know my parents always wanted to meet my friends, even these days (and I'm 19) if my mum hears a new name she wants to meet them, who are they, what do they do, etc etc. About a month ago, I guy I had just started seeing dropped me off home and the first thing my mum asked was "is this your new bf, who is he, whats his name"?

When it comes to video games, they have an 18 rating and such like for a reason. The parents in that case shouldnt be letting the kids play games like that if its going to bring out a violent streak in the kid, so again it points back to the parents. You cant watch everything your kid does, but as someone said earlier, giving them cheap cider and fags certainly doesnt solve the issue! My mum and dad were MEGA strict with me growing up. I got grounded for the slightest bit of cheek, lost all priveldges, and I remember up to the age of about 17 I wasnt even allowed a Bacardi Breezer on holiday. No booze for me! Of course I drank when I was at a friends house etc, but that was me going behind my parents back. Its always going to happen, but I think the large part of the responsability lies with the parents.

That is all.

Edited by Lauryn

i'm glad i live a sheltered life if tigz thinks this **** is normal.

Perhaps its only normal in old mining villages like we I live, and where this has happend after your Goverment screwed us all.

I grew up in Conisbrough.

And I now live in Maltby.

Both were crippled with unemployment after the mines were closed.

Edlington was also hit badly when the pits were closed.

Barnsley was hit.

Sheffield was hit.

I'm not blaming what has happened on the pits closing 20 years earlier.

But it is easy to blame the parents, but I feel that there are many aspects that need to be taken into account before just stating , "The parents are to blame" and "the law is wrong"

I should also add I feel really bad about this incident, I actually know a member of one of the child's family.

If I spotted one of the two I'd do what most of us local to the event would like to do to them.

I just feel there are social issues which have been ignored for many years in poorer areas, and only ever get spoke about when something tragic happens like.

i'm glad i live a sheltered life if tigz thinks this **** is normal.

Damn right!

Christ, You need to move on Tigz, That happend over 20 years agao!

When the torys handed over to labour there was billions in the chest! Now its billions in the red plus all the other billions they are hiding from us.

Where has all the money gone cuse nothing has improved for 10 years, Its gone backwards...

Tigz,

I agree with a lot of what you are saying and disagree with some.

I do however think that for children of that age, parents should be the 1st port of call, however I think that children should still be held somewhat responsible for their own actions. A lot of kids these days are a lot more aware of the issues than people think they are.

This is a horrible horrible story, but there is so much worse going on in other places. The only reason that there has been such an uproar about it is because it is in our back garden.

I'm not going to start preaching but if you go to some places like Somalia there are children of the age of 10 that are soldiers, carrying guns, shooting eachother. It is deemed as normal there.

Society is a fickle thing.

Sorry you're right. Its 10 in England/Wales and theyre trying to bring it up to 14, in Scotland it is 8 but they are raising it to 12 to bring it into line with the rest of Europe. I think this is being done pretty soon iirc? Its definately been confirmed anyway

This shouldnt happen, as a my brother was attacked yesterday when he was going to the shops for my mam, he was repeatedly shot with a BB gun by a boy aged 12(the boy was locked up and has been before and he is only bloody 12!!), he has had problems with this lad at school before when he broke his glasses, and had "words" with him, i think next time i see this little ****, it will be more than words,

if parents took control and the law didnt make every form of punishment illegal like smacking it might bring the little ****s down to earth.

Tigz,

I agree with a lot of what you are saying and disagree with some.

I do however think that for children of that age, parents should be the 1st port of call, however I think that children should still be held somewhat responsible for their own actions. A lot of kids these days are a lot more aware of the issues than people think they are.

This is a horrible horrible story, but there is so much worse going on in other places. The only reason that there has been such an uproar about it is because it is in our back garden.

I'm not going to start preaching but if you go to some places like Somalia there are children of the age of 10 that are soldiers, carrying guns, shooting eachother. It is deemed as normal there.

Society is a fickle thing.

Yes but this is cultural difference, the world has a lot of problems, and yes children are soilders over there, however we need to sort out problems on our door step first, i am 16 and have been put in hospital via a beating on the sea front and there reason was i was wearing a pink fred perry polo shirt, the only question i had to ask was why, (i am also still waiting for my chance of revenge :)) its not right but the kids got let off soo.. i also agree no matter what age kids should take some degree of responsibilty.

back to the topic at hand any way you are right society is fickle, but this is ours and its slowly going down the ****ter

Edited by AlexTRea

Christ, You need to move on Tigz, That happend over 20 years agao!

What, you think that twenty years has been enough to change anything?

Just picture what it is like for communitys who lost everything.

Kids went without throughout their childhood.

Parents out of work.

The areas become run down.

The kids grow up and become parents.

Do you really think that this new generation will not still be effected by what happened twenty years ago?

My family were steel workers.

My Mum has 11 brothers and sisters.

At the worst time most were out of work, my Mum was the youngest, her Elderest Brothers had Grandchildren at the time, whos parents were also out of work.

Yes, it may have been a long time ago.

But to the people it effected, that does not leave you just because the people down south think it should do.

When the torys handed over to labour there was billions in the chest! Now its billions in the red plus all the other billions they are hiding from us.

Where has all the money gone cuse nothing has improved for 10 years, Its gone backwards...

Oh, and while I'm on the economy.

Did you know that your Government spent 3 billion pounds converting open cast mining sites at Manvers, building units and buildings and offered them to companies to get the people in South Yorkshire back at work.

Your Government then offered these new units at a discounted rate, and also with Free rates.

These were quickly snapped up and The Worlds Local Bank and most other companies moved there call centres there.

For eight years life was good, School levers worked nights after collage and people were happy when calling to set up a standing order.

Eight years and the discounted lease, and free rates ended and the Worlds local bank moved to India.

Full of good ideas your Government.

My Mum has 11 brothers and sisters.

Think the atmosphere needs to be lightened up abit..

Thats alot of aunts + uncles you must have loved birthdays and xmas :lol:

Theyve been charged with attempted murder now havent they..? Lets see how it turns out..

Guest Lauryn

I hate this country, I cant see it ever fixing itself in the near future, so many things wrong with it its unbelievable. In a few years time once I have finished uni etc etc I seriously plan on leaving this country, looking at moving to Singapore or Australia :huh:

Tigz, I normally agree with you on things like this, but the Labour Government have royally ****ed this country's Police and justice system.

When Police have to fill a 4 page form in to explain why they used handcuffs, then you realise this country has gone down the drain.

I will NEVER EVER vote Labour, despite Labour being the majority in my area (where steelworks flourished) and I doubt many people in the area will vote for them again.

it is people with attitudes like tigz' that make this country as dire as it is.

"ooooh ooooh, look at me, i'm so poor that it's ok for me to act like an animal."

tigz, are you suggesting that poor people have the right to have bugger all morals?

i know plenty of poor people that wouldn't let their kids act like that and wouldn't lower themselves to the level that so many in this country seem to think is acceptable.

this country needs labour out of power.

i shall be emigrating as soon as i am debt free hopefully within the next 2 years.

people always have and always will moan about this country, no matter who runs it, what laws there are,

as a nation were a bunch of whinging, moaning, whiney little scrotes

the sooner everyone thinks that moving away is better; the happier i'll be. Then i wont have to listen to it any more