What would you do

blueybug

Guys,

Been after a Lupo for a while, I see on on advert for £1400, it was 400 miles away from me so I wanted to be sure this car was'nt a complete lemon!

The seller said Oh selling it on behalf of my G/F

We have a V5 and a key no service book........

Alarm bells rang!

I called VW to get any service history I could ,I found it had 3 yrs worth so I thought ok the mileage must be true as it was only 35,000 on a 2001 model.

I did a HPI that came back with fine.

I offered £1200 cash for it and I had an email saying yes fine. Arranged my train ticket £71 paid it and told the seller the time etc and all sorted then I got a real ****ty text saying "poke your offer its worth not a penny less than £1400"

I could'nt believe it :(

Ive lost out the cash, but I cant believe how this knob had treated me.

Gutted :(

Stick up his phone number & address if you have it in your local train station. Just say your having a gay/lesbian house party.

I do feel for you though. What a ***ker!!

I know it was a 7 hrs train trip to pick it up too. So I was'nt gonna Piss him about. He really was a nasty piece of work. Its up Sterling Scotland if anyone live that way pop in and say hello for me!

At least you are doing all the right things and checking these cars out before you hand over the cash!

There's far too many people who look at a car and just buy it only to find out later that its been smashed or cloned or similar

to be fair it sounds more like guy gets arm twisted to sell car for his GF, setup the deal GF agrees price for add at £1400. BF now does a verbal deal £1200 sounds fair deal done, then GF gets in a strop as she needs it to go for £1400 to pay off some other debts from shoe shopping or similar so sends you a message from his phone. Just feels sorry for the guy and move on IMO.