Cost of a Loop GTi - £15k!

Jack

Mrs J and I have swopped cars for a few days. I've got the Loop for work and she's borrowed my company car.

Anyway, Mrs J is now rather taken with power steering - something that the Loop doesn't have, and as a result we popped into the local VW dealership to look at upgrading.

Well, having looked at the Loopy range Mrs J wants a GTi (no suprise). Costed one out, including the usual extras:

Air Con - £960

CD player - £150

Leather/ heated seats - £1125

Metallic (she wants silver) - £310

Current deal with VAG, GTi - £12,455

Total - £15,000!! :shock:

Better off to let someone else take the biggest hit if you want a full spec car with all the options, usually a few with very low mileage out there. Could always get a custom retrim for about £600 if you couldn't find one with leather and save a packet

QUOTE(Jack)
Mrs J and I have swopped cars for a few days. I've got the Loop for work and she's borrowed my company car.  

Anyway, Mrs J is now rather taken with power steering - something that the Loop doesn't have, and as a result we popped into the local VW dealership to look at upgrading.

Well, having looked at the Loopy range Mrs J wants a GTi (no suprise). Costed one out, including the usual extras:

Air Con - £960

CD player - £150

Leather/ heated seats - £1125

Metallic (she wants silver) - £310

Current deal with VAG, GTi - £12,455

Total - £15,000!! :shock:

We paid £13500 for our lupo with that exact same spec smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

If you are serious I'll give you the details of the London VW dealer we bought it off. The air con is really good and the leather is just fantastic. Transforms the interior.

The early 1 litre Lupos didn't have PAS as standard.

Delvard - Thank you for that offer smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> How long ago did you have your GTi and did you have to haggle much? I haven't spoken to a salesman yet, so don't know how much discount I might get. What is the norm?

J

I called round all the various car brokers, eg jamjar, virgin they all offered better prices than the dealerships but only 1 kept coming back to us with the information required as well as doing it with a polite and helpfull tone. That was Alan Day VW in New Southgate, London. 020 8920 4000 Ask for fleet sales and maybe mentioning my name will help. Andrew Delvard.

Im also doing the grand bargain search for a loop GTi cos i wil not be wanting one of those foxes, gti or whatever....

Ive been haggling with a small local dealer & managed to get the price down a bit, then went to one in manchester at the weekend & their first offer was waaaay cheaper, it was £11k summin (cant remember exact figure as was working out cost of finance / trade in value etc).

Im also stuck cos really want the leather & air con but an extra £2k for these luxuries seems a bit steep????

Thinking of getting it `re-trimmed` a few months down the line & get to choose my own colour (not just black or black)....as it happens I think Im also wanting a silver one!