VHS

al3x kay

At long bloody last!

I havent owned a vcr in over 10 years now, and havent missed it one bit.

As much of a technological advancement they were in their day the time for fuzzy, juddery pictures which will eventually get chewed up in the machine is definately over!!

"Have we got a video?"

"YES Neil, we've got a video."

First film I saw on video was Enter The Dragon in about 1982. We got a Deccavideo in 1984 and the Peter Kay urban myth of covering the display up at night proved true. My Dad would put a bit of card over it so that the living room didn't light up blue at night. Ever sensible, my Mum just told him to make sure the curtains were shut before he went to bed.

I threw my video recorder into the skip last year even though it was in perfect working order. I had started transfering old tapes onto DVD via my DVD/HDD recorder but got so bored and realised that most of the tapes were knackered and that I could probably buy the films on DVD for ÂŁ3 that I gave up.

I did manage to put the original Star Wars films (before those dastrdly 'enhancements' were edited in) and other odd bits though. I was mad that I couldn't transfer my Anthrax Oidivnikcufecin tape though.

"Have we got a video?"

"YES Neil, we've got a video."

First film I saw on video was Enter The Dragon in about 1982. We got a Deccavideo in 1984 and the Peter Kay urban myth of covering the display up at night proved true. My Dad would put a bit of card over it so that the living room didn't light up blue at night. Ever sensible, my Mum just told him to make sure the curtains were shut before he went to bed.

I threw my video recorder into the skip last year even though it was in perfect working order. I had started transfering old tapes onto DVD via my DVD/HDD recorder but got so bored and realised that most of the tapes were knackered and that I could probably buy the films on DVD for ÂŁ3 that I gave up.

I did manage to put the original Star Wars films (before those dastrdly 'enhancements' were edited in) and other odd bits though. I was mad that I couldn't transfer my Anthrax Oidivnikcufecin tape though.

Pffft. I remember our primary school having a V2000 video recorder in the music room. In those days, the school could only afford one.

I also recall our first VHS recorder was bought because my dad was doing an Open University course that came with videos. This was an own-brand Sashio / Dixons thing that had a "remote" control which was a little pad of buttons attached to the end of a very long cable...

Not to mention some decent economy as well!

Indeed - 634 miles from a ÂŁ50.49 Tank last week :D

I get between 50mpg and 55mpg on my Daily journey into work (25 miles) and between 45 and 50mpg on the way home (25 and a half miles)

Your only jealous cos I've got four times as much torque as your magical skoda fabia saloon :P

Yea okay you win lol but you only got a bora because i had one :lol:

Copy cat :P

I remember our first video recorder, you loaded the tape from the top, it opened like a music tape deck opened if you know what i mean!

Edited by VWR Lupo

i used to watch transformers on vhs a lot as a kid... somebody recently bought me the movie (original 80's one) on dvd turns out the tape had stretched by over 10 minutes with all the usage... everyones voice is slightly higher on the dvd too!

but VHS ruled