Oh no, a girl thread!

Mouse_GTI

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your bloke logic is soooo silly sometimes.

I'll tell you my story....

A lad I knew about 8 years ago, joined facebook before Christmas. He was an ex of mines best mate. Lovely chap. We'll call him stalker.

So just as mates, we went out a couple of times as friends while I was with Ben (yes Ben did know about it). To be honest this bloke was so nice he bored me silly. But it was nice to catch up after all that time.

However, come June when me & Ben split, his little plan came in to action. All the time whilst being "friends" when I was with Ben, he was always asking questions about was I happy etc, trying to get me to say I was unhappy etc etc.

So, cue a rather messy night out, I bump in to said stalker. Me being totally s**t faced ends up in a deep and meaningful conversation, where he "makes his move", and due to me being so drunk don't exactly push him away straight away, and probably said some things to him I shouldn't have ("yes you are a nice guy", and "I did fancy you 8 years ago"). So the next day I text him and make my apologies telling him I'm not interested and lay down the law.

Unfortunately it drove him a bit mental and he just couldn't let it go. He was either making disgusting comments to me, or complaining about how lonely he was.

Result - I hate him and the very thought of him makes me want to be sick. It makes me angry that the very reason he wanted to be "friends" was because he was waiting for his moment.

So I suggest that if you do want to go ahead and be friends with this girl I'd do none of the above. My advice is to as a friend play it cool, and not be there as a shoulder to cry on. It'll backfire in some shape or form. Possibly with the above reaction.

Yeah I'm definately not that type. I know there are guys who couldn't care less if they had a boyfriend and would try it on anyway. And if I was with someone and knew someone else fancied my girlfriend I'd be annoyed (it has happened before and it was one of my mates lol)

Forget her, it's not worth it. It'll end up messy and someone will be miserable. Plenty of women around not to need to take someone elses.

well said mate

dont get too tied up about it. be her mate. if anything else becomes of it then score

but dont go having a second attempt mate. have some pride :)

I guess you could say she has always been on the back burner since the start of the year so to speak - lie I'd still be on the hunt for girls, but if I ever got the chance with her I'd take it

i've been in this position, i was the friend, the progressed on to being someone that she was seeing... then she started to make excuses as to why she couldnt see me... then we didnt talk for about a year then when we finally met up as friends she told me that she'd been seeing 3 other guys at the same time as she was seeing me (yes she loves the cock!) and said that she didnt want to hurt me which is why she made her excuses!

we're still good friends now but have kinda agreed that it shouldnt be anything more, it left me feeling a bit messed up though as i didnt know whether it was on or off for a long time til she basically ignored me completely (no i wasnt a crazy text-every-5-minutes stalker type) for about 6 months!

no real advice there but all i would say is be careful!

EDIT why does it post 3 times if i accidentally press the button more that once!!! GRR!!!

Edited by treblet

Lol she doesn't even know I like her. I actually work with her, though not in the same department. I am due to leave anytime within the next 3 weeks though to bigger and better things

@ treblet: Wouldn't surprise me if the girl I was seeing in summer had been doing the same, and not just with her ex. I spoke to her mates and she told them the old "I didn't want to hurt him" cliche

Not true, nice guys do ok. All the arseholes I know are in relationships with attractive girls, but they don't enjoy being in the relationship.

I would like to think I'm a *nice* guy, and I never have problems meeting girls... and if you've seen me, you know I ain't a good looking lad! :lol:

Confidence and a decent sense of humour works wonders in my opinion.

Not true, nice guys do ok. All the arseholes I know are in relationships with attractive girls, but they don't enjoy being in the relationship.

I would like to think I'm a *nice* guy, and I never have problems meeting girls... and if you've seen me, you know I ain't a good looking lad! :lol:

Confidence and a decent sense of humour works wonders in my opinion.

Yea your right, same with my mates.. I find most birds dont let you have the chance to let them see the nice guy!! :lol:

well make it clear you like her dont push it as you say your leaving and maybe one day you you might bump in to her when shes single and who knows what could happen

thats how i would play it :blush:

if she likes you at the moment then try treating her like crap, brag about fcuking hot girls and stuff etc

have you not been single for like an age? :lol:

i'm nice but can be an arse

my prob a the moment is i meet a nice lass at the start of the night i'm ****faced at the end so she dont wanna know so need to learn when to stop lol

my prob a the moment is i meet a nice lass at the start of the night i'm ****faced at the end so she dont wanna know so need to learn when to stop lol

haha... I once met a really nice girl, she even bought me drinks. I ended up hammered and couldn't find her again, wounded.

Normally I'm so drunk I'll talk to anyone and end up with someone. :lol:

I actually had a girl totally chatting up in the queue for a club 3 weeks ago. I could of got her number but because I was meeting one of my girl mates I didn't want to offend her. Grrr lol

haha... I once met a really nice girl, she even bought me drinks. I ended up hammered and couldn't find her again, wounded.

Normally I'm so drunk I'll talk to anyone and end up with someone. :lol:

i went out in donny few weeks back with my sister and left her in a pub with her mates so i nip to subway as i was hungry

i was standing outside eating and two lass's started chatting to me i ended up with them for about two hours till they went home got both numbers tho and didnt see my sister till morning lol :lol: :lol:

I agree with what a lot of people have said on here, by all means be friendly and keep in touch with her, but dont become the 'male best friend' because often once a girl has you down as that, her feelings are unlikely to change.

I was really great mates with a guy and it never dawned on me that he might develop feelings for me, and when I found out he had the thought of suddenly being more than friends with my 'mate' freaked me out, and then obviously that hurt his feelings so now we havent spoken for over 2 and a half years :(

Just be friendly and flirty and see where it takes you in time!

I wouldnt advise any games like trying to make her jealous or trying to break up her relationship etc though, I know from experience that game-playing wears off very quickly, and you just kinda end up wanting nothing to do with the guy. Well that was my experience anyway.

Show her your alpha male, decisive, go get it attitude by emailing her a copy of this thread.

Or you could grow some and just go tell her, life is short, very short in the grand scale of things.

Show her your alpha male, decisive, go get it attitude by emailing her a copy of this thread.

Or you could grow some and just go tell her, life is short, very short in the grand scale of things.

I reckon if u get on really well with a girl u have a few weeks to make your move before your ****ed however friends that you've never been that close to are good to jump on anytime just a case of realising when to give up which no1 ever does lol