Tell me why this would be a bad idea

Crusoe

not helping clair :P

come on it would be hopeless in winter, hardly any luggage space, no room for mountain bike, break down all the time, need lots of expensive maintenance, get vandalised if i left it parked on the street?

not helping clair :P

come on it would be hopeless in winter, hardly any luggage space, no room for mountain bike, break down all the time, need lots of expensive maintenance, get vandalised if i left it parked on the street?

OMG that is fucjing sweeeeet!

im hate replicas, sorry :lol:

apart from that you seem to have answered your own question- "hopeless in winter, hardly any luggage space, no room for mountain bike, break down all the time, need lots of expensive maintenance, get vandalised if i left it parked on the street?"

get this... much better in red

678057-1.jpg

clicky

similar for under £7k depreciation proof at that price you'd think

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C60572

that one does look in good condition though Anna and close enough to go and have a test drive at the weekend.... hmmm

Edited by Crusoe

Reasons not to buy it:

Replica. Reason enough.

Poor fit on front bumper and whats with those indicators?

Looks nasty.

You'll be a laughing stock, it's not 1982 you know. Do you dress like the lead singer out of Buggles?

that one does look in good condition though Anna and close enough to go and have a test drive at the weekend.... hmmm

do it! (you know it makes more sense than the replica_

p.s very jealous if you do ... i'd love one! :wub:

the rear spoiler would be perfect for a mountain bike... whats the problem?

That doesn't look quite right...front bumper looks dodgy.

I'm not totally against replica's as such, RS's are stupidly overpriced so replica's make more sense. Big fan of 964's myself and have been keeping an eye out. This:

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/416119.htm

has been for sale for a while, and I <bleeping> want it. LHD are meant to be superior in terms of driving positions, especially the pedals.

Big fan of 964's myself and have been keeping an eye out.

I too like the 964 and you see so few of them. To me that is the last of the real 911s, not the 993 that my Brother-in-law owns and constanty reminds me. He fails to spot the freaky deaky headlights on his car, aircooled or not.

Edited by IDGM

You'd be strung up and banned from the Porsche forum for suggesting such a thing, Unheard ;)

I'm a fan of the 993Turbo, but the rest - pass. The 996 does absolutely nothing for me at all, even in GT2/3 or Turbo guises. The 997 is an improvement, but I'm still not a fan.

Don't get me started on Boxters or Caymans ... :rolleyes:

You'd be strung up and banned from the Porsche forum for suggesting such a thing, Unheard ;)

Really? I dont think Dr Ferdinand Porsche would have minded.

In 1898 Dr Ferdinand Porsche at the age of 23, then a young engineer at Jacob Lohner & Co, built the first Hybrid Vehicle or more specifically the first Hybrid Car. It was using an internal combustion engine to spin a generator that provided power to electric motors located in the wheel hubs. The car could travel 40 miles only on battery power.

Lohner-Porsche.jpg

You would probably be banned for having a replica :lol:

Edited by Unheard

that turbo looks nice Matt, agree the pre 996 when IMO they started being built to a price rather than the pure engineering. Some steering feel and pedal positioning can get a bit messed up in the rhd conversions but lived with lhd for a few months and it is a bit of a PITA and that's up here where there is plenty of parking and not many busy junctions. In the city with toll booths, multi story car parks etc. it woudl be more hassle than it was worth plus there is usually an increase in insurance for lhd too. to contradict myself there are a couple of merc 500E on pistonheads i was looking at too though, quite fancy one even though they are lhd.

Edited by Crusoe

All the porkers I have driven have been awesome.... I wouldn't worry about the RHD conversion... The only thing i did notice was the foot rest in the passenger footwelll.... Thats still there! LOL

The GT3 has rubber pedals too which look cheap as feck!

The 959 is easily one of my favourite cars...ever! I love the shape of those rear arches and the view of it from the back, pretty much reminds me of a girl with a nice round booty!

Its a dog, don't do it.

You know deep down its a dog.

It will be a dog to drive, a dog to repair, a dog to put fuel in and a dog to park anywhere and leave it unattended!!