Lupo verdict, worth the cash?

Liam_r

hello, my names Liam_r, you may have seen me over on E38, but now im looking to sell my mark 3 golf and get a loop! as i dont need a huuge 1.8 8v lump anymore in my life, as i only need a car to get to work, hence looking at buying something smaller.

today i came across a friends lupo for sale, t plate, 119k, fsh, 1.0 but the paintwork is in quite poop condition, lots of scratches and the drivers door seems to be bent quite considerably, the two airbags were deployed when he hit the curb, and thats about it really. he's after 650, as he wants the money quick, and apparently he's lost his licence, so he is a bit snookered. haha

here are some photos...

DSC_0137.jpg

DSC_0136.jpg

DSC_0135.jpg

DSC_0134.jpg

DSC_0132.jpg

DSC_0131.jpg

DSC_0138.jpg

oppinions? i reckon i could get it for less than 650... 119k on the clock, which is quite high, but then its a vw, so as long as its been serviced properly then it should be ok?

if i went round there with 500 notes i reckon i could get me a deal, cheap for a lupo i know, but in your honest oppinion do you think its worth the money? it seems like it will be my only shot at buying one of these lovely cars....

oh and if anyone knows where i can get airbags from for the loop, and how much they cost, that would be great.

cheers

Liam

Edited by Liam_r

far too much. Saw one same age go through auction tonight for similar money and it didn't need airbags etc. I'd offer him £300. On second thoughts it looks a proper slammed ****ter and you'd be better off putting £650 to something half decent. retail car is only 1295 tops anyway.

Edited by Jonny

Surely you cant want a lupo enough to consider that :huh:

Looks like a whole load of problems to me, just look at the bend in that back steel, obviously its not looked after, so i wouldnt be touching that.

Although if your planning and engine transplant, full respray and a new dash and airbags, then its a base to start.

It is technically a write off though (well it would be if the insurance saw it), and you would have big problems insuring it with its airbags deployed.

Yer i was going to say the dent in the roof is not good! the money it costs to put it right - you may as well buy a decent one to start with that hasnt had the Ars£ ragged off it and dent on every panel! walk away mate!

well if i can get if for about 4-500, ill be able to get it looking ok, to be honest i dont think its in that bad of nick, down the body shop, get the dents out etc, get the half moon and rear badge done while im there.. job done.. haha

yeha i dunno about ratting it, someone said because of the paintwork, just do it, get a ratty bonnet on it, and it should be ok

any oppinions on that at all?

looking at "p33 pea"'s lupo, it makes me wanna force rat it big styyyle

its a gamble i know, but for that money, can i really go wrong? ill have lots of change to use on the car, so i may as well.

does anyone know how much replacement airbags gonna cost to fit/buy?

Liam

You could try ringing your insurance and asking them what would happen if you removed them - as they are pretty expensive!! But I don't think all Lupo's came with them, so maybe just so long as they know you haven't got any it might be okay?

apparently you need to take the dash out to do the passenger airbag, so theres another haggling point......but i think ill definatley get that one done. ill probs get a 280mm so i wont be too bothered about getting the steering wheel one done.

i know it hasnt really been looked after, but for the price i can get the majority of stuff fixed, so we shall see!

i looked at a sport in front end crash needed alot more than that for 950 but couldn't clear the space in time and someone else bought it the way i see it is if your prepared to put in the effort crash damaged cars/cars with fault are worth every penny i regularly buy cinq's with problems to make profit it's nice to drive a car round knowing you have a few hundred quid profit if you decide to sell