Bored Rant

Gazza

Right had this discussion with a few of my mates, they say that i look like a big geezer in a little car (which i am) they then ask why did i buy such a small car,

my reply to this is £35 tax a year, this normaly gets there attention! then i go to say that it has full leathers, electric windows, power steering Cruise Control they laugh and say no way so they then look at the tax disc where it says £35 then the interior and the the cruise stick!

then to finish them of tell them that it group 4 insurance and does 60mpg

in there next breath there saying im getting one!

SO NOT SUCH A STUPID CAR AFTER ALL HEY!

Tdis are freaking Awesome!

anyone else had this?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The lupo is a very underestimated car, u say small u think clio corsa, which quite frankly are ****e!

Yes this statement is true as i owend a 06 reg clio campus sport and although it was a lovely car to drive, it did fall to bits lol like doors dropping, ignition barrel collasping excessive wear LOL

but at the time served a purpose

(Good thread! ;) )

Yes i love my TDi too.

Ive been asked a few times why i bought one, or one arosa after another, but there is nothing else i really really want!

My TDi does everything i want from a car, and imo no other car could do what mine does so well, i love driving it.

If ive been using another car for a few days, i start thinking about my car and what i would change it for. As soon as i get back in my Arosa TDi that feeling goes and i just love driving it.

I love the way it looks too, the front end is one of its best bits. I love that it has the torque to pull away from most normal hatchbacks and it keeps up with things it shouldnt away from the lights. I like the fact it rolls round corners but still grips like its on rails, its good fun!

I agree, they are a very underated car. I think a lot of people just think its a little city car, and try to bully it on the motorway. When in truth the car loves the motorways, its so happy sitting at 70-80 it would much rather do that than potter around the town all day!

Fantastic cars, love the TDis :D

(Good thread! ;) )

I love that it has the torque to pull away from most normal hatchbacks and it keeps up with things it shouldnt away from the lights. I like the fact it rolls round corners but still grips like its on rails, its good fun!

HEHE yeah ive had a few guys try to "bully" me but it never works as its got so much torque, and yeah with standard suspension the body roll is SHOCKING! but soon fixed that with some nice coilovers and now its got the tourqe and the bend performance hehe

ask the guy in the aston martin who i was chasing around the bends in scotland LOL really is a great car!

Glad i bought it :D

I had someone at work laughing at me when I told them I'd fitted cruise. They said it would only be good for doing 45mph! The cheek of it :rolleyes:

He soon shut up after letting on he drove a punto that needed a new headgasket at 30,000 miles!

Right had this discussion with a few of my mates, they say that i look like a big geezer in a little car (which i am) they then ask why did i buy such a small car,

my reply to this is £35 tax a year, this normaly gets there attention! then i go to say that it has full leathers, electric windows, power steering Cruise Control they laugh and say no way so they then look at the tax disc where it says £35 then the interior and the the cruise stick!

then to finish them of tell them that it group 4 insurance and does 60mpg

in there next breath there saying im getting one!

SO NOT SUCH A STUPID CAR AFTER ALL HEY!

Tdis are freaking Awesome!

anyone else had this?

Best news is, Your Lupo TDI will be £20 next year for tax!

Best news is, Your Lupo TDI will be £20 next year for tax!

LOL yeah told my mate that it comes down and he didnt belive me! like you dont pay anything as it is!

TDI's Rock!

Excellent for nipping in and oout of traffic as well hehe

I <3 my arosa TDi, originally it was for the cheap driving but now i don't think i'd swap it unless i come into some money *dreamer*

a few of my friends from work laughed when i told them what i got and what colour it was but they love it too, (and now there are 3 in the carpark)

result!

£30 a year, mine is due end of this month... break the bank!

Diesel is gay :whistle:

33mpg in a 1.25 Fiesta is where it's at.

LOL a Festa you rock man! u got 17's and neons and cherry bomb exhaust?

mate if you have you freaking rock! u go boy

diesels are the future lol

Edited by Gazza

LOL a Festa you rock man! u got 17's and neons and cherry bomb exhaust?

mate if you have you freaking rock! u go boy

diesels are the future lol

No it's stock, slow and thirsty, but my Ibiza 1.9TDI FR isn't. A Revo Remap has given 175bhp (apparently). I still get 55mpg out of it.

Always check the small print on the left :lol:

I know I am pushing in on this TDI love fest but I would say that apart from the acceleration, much of the TDI virtues are shared by the SDI plus it has a few advantages over the TDI.

Cheaper to buy

Cheaper to insure than a TDI

Same to tax

Same fuel economy

Larger engine (a 4pot, not a 3pot which requires a balance shaft, see next point)

Less complex (no turbo, intercooler or balancer shaft under the crank)

Very happy at 80mph (3000 rpm) on a motorway and not stressed at 90mph if you are in a hurry

Curiously, at 80mph, if you need or want to put your foot down, it will reach 90 fairly quickly because although the engine is at the end of its very flat torque curve, the power is still climbing. Its optimum cruising speed seems to be around 80mph, at which point its smoothness, available power and fuel consumption seem to come together nicely. Yes it’s more economical at 60mph but its dropping out of its not very extensive power band at that speed so any obstacle; hill, slower traffic etc. become a problem which I suspect would not trouble a TDI.

I imagine that in most respects the TDI is the more satisfying car, especially in terms of acceleration, torque and smoothness (the balancer shaft does work well apparently) however my little SDI is still more often in the outside lane than most other cars on the road.

I know I am pushing in on this TDI love fest but I would say that apart from the acceleration, much of the TDI virtues are shared by the SDI plus it has a few advantages over the TDI.

Cheaper to buy

Cheaper to insure than a TDI

Same to tax

Same fuel economy

Larger engine (a 4pot, not a 3pot which requires a balance shaft, see next point)

Less complex (no turbo, intercooler or balancer shaft under the crank)

Very happy at 80mph (3000 rpm) on a motorway and not stressed at 90mph if you are in a hurry

Curiously, at 80mph, if you need or want to put your foot down, it will reach 90 fairly quickly because although the engine is at the end of its very flat torque curve, the power is still climbing. Its optimum cruising speed seems to be around 80mph, at which point its smoothness, available power and fuel consumption seem to come together nicely. Yes it’s more economical at 60mph but its dropping out of its not very extensive power band at that speed so any obstacle; hill, slower traffic etc. become a problem which I suspect would not trouble a TDI.

I imagine that in most respects the TDI is the more satisfying car, especially in terms of acceleration, torque and smoothness (the balancer shaft does work well apparently) however my little SDI is still more often in the outside lane than most other cars on the road.

Know that is a man who loves his SDI, also a very well thought out comment

fair play mate all valid points

but still prefer me TDI :D each to there own i guess

Edited by Gazza