Yellow Lupo, ....... The we slut

little rich

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you better look after "steve", Ben ... I'll be Watching youuuuu! lol

even without steve in ur life rich, u still got me HAHA

The tints suit it so well IMO. I will get some pics up soon.

Just been speaking with AwesomeAl, looks like i'll have some Cambridge rear lights off him, and some Blue Vision bulbs for the front, so i can actually see at night. Boss kit and airbag light canceller also ordered, so should have the Sparco wheel in there in no time. Alpine double din headunit is next on the list. 6.5" touch screen and all the goodies.

I love that first pic with the "Think, slow down" sign next to it.

Tints, shall get proper pictures at some point when i've sorted some other stuff with the steering wheel and rear lights.

l_c380d94116124adc86434a45b8836600.jpg

Any tints on the front windows are illegal. Most modern cars are tinted to the legal maximum as standard, so adding anything on top is illegal.

Thats not actually true.

You can tint the front windows (not including the windscreen), to allow 80% light in. Most modern cars come with a tint that allow 90% or more in.

The tints on the front are illegal, but after working with the Police for a short time last year, its only the windscreens they look for. However, if you are parked up somewhere, then they can easily do you for it.

The laws....

For a legal window tint in the UK the specifications are:

a) Motor Vehicles first used on or after 1 April 1985

B ) The light transmitted through the windscreen must be at least 75%.

c) The front side windows (to either side of the drivers’ head) must allow at least 70% of light to be transmitted through them

Edited by Sunderland

I would be very surprised if you didnt get pulled for them. At least your making the car your own.

Not too bad!

If i get pulled, i get pulled. I got the fronts done for free anyways, so i wouldn't be amazingly fussed if they had to come off, but for the time being they are staying on. I know people don't usually like tints, and i rarely like tints, but i think they suit it well.

Cambridge rear lights, H4 Blue Vision bulbs and Airbag resister ordered from AwesomeAl. Sparco race wheel will be going in when the boss kit arrives, and i'm now looking at some Recaro seats.

Big thanks to awesomeal at awesome gti. Received some goodies today. Cambridge lights already fitted. Bulbs will be done over the weekend.