My Green Lupo

cobblers

It passed :) Took two attempts though. First retest failed because the HT leads I fitted before the test from GSF were faulty and caused a random misfire. Nice! Oh, and the exhaust place forgot to plug the rear numberplate lights back in.

Second time round, with the old leads back on and lights plugged in, she flew through. No advisories (not even on cable tied springs). My guess at aiming the headlights was spot on. +1 for tape measure and a garage door!

exhuast.jpg

The Arosa lights are coming off I think, but I might split them and do something interesting with them.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the comments everyone :) always great to get good feedback!

lmao. You must have found an MOT inspector who opperates on a blind eye policy for it to pass with that exhaust!

It's a proper MOT - I do know people who would pretty much do me an MOT over the phone, but I make sure to get a proper one done. I'm always looking around the car and working on it, so I'm sure I'd pick up anything unsafe long before MOT time, but a second pair of eyes is always good. The exhaust is perfectly legal, it doesn't protrude past the body line of the car, nice outward rolled tailpipe so it's lovely and smooth, so no reason to fail it. It would pass C&U regs and IVA/BIVA fine too :)

Arosa lights are coming off tomorrow if anyone wants a set!

Edited by cobblers

It's a proper MOT - I do know people who would pretty much do me an MOT over the phone, but I make sure to get a proper one done. I'm always looking around the car and working on it, so I'm sure I'd pick up anything unsafe long before MOT time, but a second pair of eyes is always good. The exhaust is perfectly legal, it doesn't protrude past the body line of the car, nice outward rolled tailpipe so it's lovely and smooth, so no reason to fail it. It would pass C&U regs and IVA/BIVA fine too :)

LOL ! Ace :)

Must be a loop hole with regards aiming exhausts at peoples faces then!!

I kinda wish I had a side pipe now lol, that would be mental covering the pavements with black soot! :D

You need a no litter sticker for under the exhaust :lol:

It does worry me that someone will chuck a handful of pebbles down it :S

LOL ! Ace :)

Must be a loop hole with regards aiming exhausts at peoples faces then!!

I kinda wish I had a side pipe now lol, that would be mental covering the pavements with black soot! :D

Think about it, loads of vans have side pipes, Transit tippers etc. Would be ace with a diesel - If I had a decat I would probably rig up a home brew flamer kit for the comedy (If slightly chav) value. I should know better but fire is always good especially if it comes out of the back(or side) of your car :D

Think about it, loads of vans have side pipes, Transit tippers etc.

They don't point up though! lol. I want one just to get Cyclists off the road... That'd teach em that pavements are there for them!

They don't point up though! lol. I want one just to get Cyclists off the road... That'd teach em that pavements are there for them!

As a cyclist, I totally agree. Every time I see someone on a road bike riding on the road "for fun" I wish they would just get a proper bike and get out of my bloody way! I've borrowed road bikes and tried them, and yes, you can do 50 miles without working up a sweat, but its like jogging only faster. The only pleasure gained is from numbers. Get something with tyres wider than your willy and get on some mud, do it properly!

I ride on the road occasionally (to get to work) and ride where I'm out of peoples way, rather than riding side by side with a mate up a busy dual carraigeway wearing painted on clothes and moaning about how drivers are so inconsiderate as they stack up trying to get past, trying to actually get somewhere.

On my old 106, I had the left washer jet aimed at 90 degrees to the left to get them. On the Lupo this isn't possible, so a flamer it must be!

Edited by cobblers

It passed :) Took two attempts though. First retest failed because the HT leads I fitted before the test from GSF were faulty and caused a random misfire. Nice! Oh, and the exhaust place forgot to plug the rear numberplate lights back in.

Second time round, with the old leads back on and lights plugged in, she flew through. No advisories (not even on cable tied springs). My guess at aiming the headlights was spot on. +1 for tape measure and a garage door!

exhuast.jpg

The Arosa lights are coming off I think, but I might split them and do something interesting with them.

paint the black bits on the lights green to match the car

• 2 weeks later...

Reeto, I took the Arosa lights off the back and put normal ones back on, which I think I prefer. Got back from Retro Rides Gathering yesterday, where I had a great evening camping and a good day at the show the day after. I even took it round the sprint track (Full of tools and everything valuable that I didn't want to leave in the tent unattended). I wasn't expecting it to do very well, but I came 4th in class (out of 14), behind a hillclimb prepped 205 (which took up the top two slots as it was driven by a father and sun team) and only lost out to a track prepped mk1 golf running throttle bodies on a 1.3 by 0.1 seconds. Dead pleased, especially considering I had to run wide and handbrake turn round one of the corners because I'd have beached it if I took the normal line. I was only 0.5 seconds slower over the two laps than a bloody Clio 172, which had 2.5x as much power and actual suspension, rather than about an inch of over damped movement then bumpstops/floor. My time was 56.something seconds.

Few pics:

Loaded it up with my new roof bars and the troll (a comedy bike me and a mate made out of an old folding shopper bike and a mini moto, its bloody lethal) and set off down to somerset:

6614_122789287142_657732142_2834037_2270606_n.jpg

Got plenty of looks and thumbs up on the motorway like this, lol!

Here are a few pictures I've seen that were taken of my car whilst I was out wandering:

6574_146629846141_577221141_3885690_6816247_n.jpg

This is me sideways just after my detour round the hump in the hairpin:, you can see how wide I had to take it, a good 10 feet off the racing line! (The hairpin is off to the left, past the cone)

P1000168.JPG

P8160098.JPG

Had a great weekend, and the car proved itself surprisingly good round the track, although perhaps it must have been my excellent driving in a car setup completely wrong? lol.

Edited by cobblers

Oh, One more picture that I took using a mates camera - It's great to have something that I can change the settings on!

It's certainly not the first time someone has ran round the car with an LED light with a long exposure, but it's the first time I've done it, and I'm quite proud :)

luponight.jpg