Urgent Pedal box info required

Right, quick response needed. Clutch gone all funny, really forcing and struggling to get into gear, pedal box defo about to snap?, its parked at work (13 miles from home, in city centre!) and i would rather get it to a garage before then. There is a seat garage in alexandria parade, will they do it for free under that warrenty folk talk about? 6 years old, 58K ish

Cheers

(Only posted here to get a quick responce)

Paul

Edited by Paul R

Someone must know, need to know a bit about this and quick

Has your clutch pedal gone lower than your brake pedal? If so, then yes your pedal box has gone.

As far as I know, Seat won't replace Arosa pedal boxes FOC. I may be wrong, worth a shot though. The part is relatively cheap, its the labour that will mash you up.

Has your clutch pedal gone lower than your brake pedal? If so, then yes your pedal box has gone.

As far as I know, Seat won't replace Arosa pedal boxes FOC. I may be wrong, worth a shot though. The part is relatively cheap, its the labour that will mash you up.

Yeah, clutch has been lower than the brake for a long time now, only in the last 5 mins of my drive was it refusing to go into gear and clutch went all weird and sort of stretchy. Not looking forward to the drive home now :(

How much am i looking at paying for getting this fixed

Pedal Box part itself - £33.10

Labour for fitting at best - £150

at worst - £250

as an estimate.

Yeah, as above, i don't think Seat do the free will the same as VW do, even though it's the same part.

My local main dealer quoted me £375 to replace. Part itself is peanuts, but as it's a most of dash out job to replace, the labour's the killer

Probably has snapped, i had mine replaced last week after VW refused to replace it for free because my car is a year too old. Changing gear was terrible, really stiff and i had to force it into gear, crunched when put into reverse and my clutch clicked when i pressed down. £183.00 later i can now drive with no iritations!

I have just had a look at the Pined Pedal box topic and it says the memo says cars younger than 8 years come under goodwill, My car is 2001 so its not yet too old so i am going to go and have a chat with them at VW

Will let you know how i get on later, may end up giving VW UK a ring if they piss me about

yer sounds like its about to go. you can look under the dash and have a look. what i seem to remember when mine went was the clutch pedal just got lower and lower and then one day it snapped.

i think theres a plate with a spot weld in and this starts to get weak and will bend down as you use the pedal, so it will get lower and lower as it bends then the weld will snap. iam going to have a spare pedal box from my lupo soon so if you need it. (not to sure if they are the same)

also it maybe cheaper to strip the dash out yourself to save on the labour cost.

(iam not to sure if everyones box does the same its just what mine did)

When ours went the first time we had it welded by Torque Sport in Motherwell for £30 odd. When it finally went, 6months down the line, we had it replaced by Ian at Motor Mek in Battlefield. Can't remember how much he charged but it was much much cheaper than the Verve quote. Let me know if you want his number and I'll dig it out.

When ours went the first time we had it welded by Torque Sport in Motherwell for £30 odd. When it finally went, 6months down the line, we had it replaced by Ian at Motor Mek in Battlefield. Can't remember how much he charged but it was much much cheaper than the Verve quote. Let me know if you want his number and I'll dig it out.

Nah its alright, just getting it done locally on Thursday, i'm going to take the underside of the dash out to get a look at the pedals to see if i can see anything that looks wrong, then leave it exposed so its slightly easier and quicker to fix

• 2 weeks later...

Car still not fixed, been in garage since last wednesday. Claims that the part didn't arive until monday and now there is a small part missing? Don't believe that it takes more than a week to fix.

Just found out that the wrong box was sent, one not designed for the electronic acelerater. Could now take even longer for part to arrive, as it is not in stock. Been without the car for 2 weeks now, looks like it'l take about that to finally fix.

Edited by Paul R