The E38 Super (Special) Southern Convoy

Clairey Fairy

Right, ive tried to do this as logically as possible - but im open to peoples ideas if ive blatantly foobard this up :blush: Im trying to include everyone i can that within resonable reaching distance of the M4

THE FINAL PLAN

South Wales people (Sarah) are taking the M4, and meeting Nic (Lunalupi) at J18, and driving to J13 Cheevely.

South Central (Me and Little Chris) will be driving up the A303, then joining the A34 where we're meeting John (CasperGTI)

Everyone will then meet at Cheev Services where the M4 and A34 Meet at J13. Aim for 2pm (We'll be there earlier coz chris wants lunch)

We will all then take the A34 and M40 till we reach the M1 J15a where we will meet the others.

YEEEE-HAAAA!!

:D

Edited by Clairey Fairy

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

darsat lads?

Ah yes the doorsaaat lads, i reckon you have two choices if you like:

A) Get onto the A303 at (for example) Yeovil-ish and see me and Snowy when you get a bit further up

B ) Or, take the lovely stretch that is the A354 which just so happens to take you directly into the glorious city that is Salisbury (that where i live that is!) and then we can hit the A303 together.

Thoughts?

:D

Oh, and i'll charge some of my dad's Two-way radios so we can shout abuse at each other on the way up!

Edited by Clairey Fairy

I have a couple of two way radios too :D Don't know if I can change the frequency on them though cos they were cheap, but *meh* I'm sure it'll work out in the end!

Your route sounds fine to me, sounds the same as the route me and LGG took last year :)

Edited by lunalupi

im probably going to roll solo! but may bump into y'all!

Im sure we can find you ond Oscar somewhere along the line :)

You could M4 it with us coz it will take you right to the services but im sure you'd rather tear it up the m1 straight outa the smoke?

Edited by Clairey Fairy

Im sure we can find you ond Oscar somewhere along the line :)

You could M4 it with us coz it will take you right to the services but im sure you'd rather tear it up the m1 straight outa the smoke?

yeah i was going to just go straight up the M1! its just so much quicker. could always meet you nearer edition though? what time are you planning on getting there?

i probably wont leave london till about 2.30/3 ish.

oh and tear it! i dont think so! haha will be loaded to the brim, 4 people and luggage, going to be crawling! hahaha

i literally cant wait for edition.

samezies

Ah yes the doorsaaat lads, i reckon you have two choices if you like:

im easy, butill be driving jap crap so you may not want to be seen with me....

can do either but yeovil sounds good, i take it you know where were going then? :huh:

@ Ben - propper dubbing dude! Scrapes ftw.

@ Chris - Cant you just get rid of that thing and get another Arosa?!

In the meantime, i'll let you know timeage when i figure it out!! (I have driving OCD though so i'll probs be scratching at the fornt door at, like, 12pm!) And yep, i know EXACTLY where im going :D Until we get into northampton itself and then im foobard. Which is why we're guna meet the northen monkeys at J15a of the M1 so we can mass convoy to the site :)

@ Nic - You comming with?

Aiming to get there for 3pm so i can have a wee (and a hug off Liam if im lucky :lol:)

The M1 junctions are quite long though so im going to make sure we're southbound this time instead of having to go all the way up and back down again :blush:

I think your other half needs a good old dose of the "12hr stomach bug" :P Tell them its comming out both ends at the same time and they'll be too grossed out to argue :P

@ Nic - Sounds good dudette, if all else fails..you have a 12hr bug too hehe

:)

Slight change of plan, possibly coming with you guys now on the friday.

Anyone from Wales please pm me for my mobile number - I'm coming from Swansea so can sort where to meet and what times.

Clairey - where we meeting you lot and any rough times?

@ Chris - Yup, dont see why not.

@ Sarah - YAY!!

The plan:

South Wales people can hop on the M4, and same goes for Bath, Bristol and Somerset guys.

I'll be taking the A303 for a short while (Chris, are you 303ing it too? If not you could take the A354 straight out of dorset and that takes you directly into Salisbury and we can hit the 303 at the same time?) We'll then head for the A34.

At J13 the M4 and A34 meet at Chieveley Services. This is where we'll meet up, and convoy up from there.

It takes approx 2hrs 15mins to get from my front door to the M1 where we'll meet the main convoy, so im hoping to leave mine at about 12pm (but because of my OCD i'll probs be waiting for you at Chievely by 11am) :lol:

I'll pm you guys my number aswell

:)

I'm going to be joining the M4 at Jct18, there's a service area there so if anyone wants to meet up for a convoy along the M4 then pull in there and I'll wait for a short while, I'll confirm a time once I know timings to get to Chievely :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.