The E38 Super (Special) Southern Convoy

Clairey Fairy

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

M4 people, instead of bashing on to the rendez-vous point in one go, you can pull of at Jct18 by Bath, there's a layby/service area on the South side where everyone can re-group and also catch any stragglers so as to be in a bit more of a group on the way to Cheev?

Im aiming to leave Salisbury at 12pm (OCD!!)

:D

The plan:

South Wales people can hop on the M4, and same goes for Bath, Bristol and Somerset guys.

I'll be taking the A303 for a short while (Chris, are you 303ing it too? If not you could take the A354 straight out of dorset and that takes you directly into Salisbury and we can hit the 303 at the same time?) We'll then head for the A34.

At J13 the M4 and A34 meet at Chieveley Services. This is where we'll meet up, and convoy up from there.

It takes approx 2hrs 15mins to get from my front door to the M1 where we'll meet the main convoy, so im hoping to leave mine at about 12pm (but because of my OCD i'll probs be waiting for you at Chievely by 11am) :lol:

:)

Ok, 2 hours 20 mins from my door to J13 M4 so if we're meeting at 12 then I'll be leaving swansea around 9ish. So anyone from down here, I need to know where you'll be so I can work out times etc please!!

Not had any numbers off anyone, although I think Fran and Huw are going on Saturday. Will pm Penry and Rach to find out what they're doing and update you Clairey :)

Ok, Penry and Rach not coming early. Ellie may be coming up with a crew from Newport so I'm likely to be on my lonesome :( lol!

I'll be aiming for 12 at J13 services Clairey so will text you when leaving mine on Friday :)

Casper, suggest you just aim for J13 at 12, this way we won't risk losing anyone too early lol!

Edited by Sarah_Diamond

@ Sarah - Aww! Nic will be waiting for you at the services and me and Christophaaaaar will see you at Cheev :)

@ John - Hiiiii John :wave: Where are you comming from dude? Edit: Guildford, clearly. Erm.....M25ring then pop onto the M4 and meet us at Cheevely Services? J13 M4.

How exciting :)

Edited by Clairey Fairy

I'm going to be joining the M4 at Jct18, there's a service area there so if anyone wants to meet up for a convoy along the M4 then pull in there and I'll wait for a short while, I'll confirm a time once I know timings to get to Chievely :)

Reckon I'll get there by around 1030-11ish Nic, I'll pm you my number now and then we can meet there and head up to Chievely to meet Claire.

Hope that's ok :)

Currently driving: A Black 1.4S Loop (thinking of a name for him........)

May i suggest calling him Sir Archibald Hamilton Tynwedd Jones aka Sir Taffy :)

(Thats the most welsh-istist i could think of :blush: )

Edited by Clairey Fairy

May i suggest calling him Sir Archibald Hamilton Tynwedd Jones aka Sir Taffy :)

(Thats the most welsh-istist i could think of :blush: )

I had settled for Larry....but Llew, short for Llewellyn might be more welshy, that ok for ya?!?! :lol:

Hmm...Larry is too common for my liking...Llewellyn is much more welshish.

I am rather fond of Sir Larry though... or Sir Llewellyn Stevenson Larry-Jones to be precise.

Sir Larry ftw :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.