New Lupo Pics

Poobah

Check out this link to a different forum, it shows more pics of the new Fox/lupo also a Gti version that might be in production.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1223053

Chris

Yeah, we saw these either last year or earlier in the year. There wasn't a positive reaction, fairly understandably.

What I will say is that its very mini Golf like, which is not strictly a good thing, but a GTi version may look ok. I doubt our GTi would get that bodykit, its far too 'fussy' for a VW, if you look at how the performance models have looked recently. Look at the R32, similar styling in many ways to the Lupo GTi kit, and the new Golf GTi looks like it will follow the same direction.

Still, positive things aside, it still looks like a Pug 307/Daewoo matiz clone, and the dash looks horrid. Given the stylish dash's coming out of Seat at the moment, I like to the VW in europe wouldn't even dream of releasing it like that. But we'll see.

I won't be buying one though, I'll be keeping my vintage 2004 Lupo GTi in the garage and buying a MINI Cooper S.

Hopefully it'll have a turbo, 1.4T/1.6T something like that , like the Punto GT to make it really cheap to get some big horses out of! I'll reserve judgement till I see one in the flesh and/or drive one but after having a poke about a new golf and having a Polo as a courtesy car for a day I don't hold out much hope that It'll have a nice/ well built interior which would put me right off!!

There was talk a while back on another forum (can't remember which forum tho!) that VW were developing a 1.0T that would be kicking out about `160-170bhp`... It was also rumoured that this was gonna be headed in the direction of the mk2 lupo & the polo...

Is it me or does it just look like a Punto and that dash is more horrid than the new Polo's!

A guy from my work was over in Mexico on a job and saw them and says they are quite popular though.

Like the sound of that 1.0 engine, small rev happy engines are the most fun. Just like the old Diahatsu Charade 1.0 GTI laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Like the sound of that 1.0 engine, small rev happy engines are the most fun. Just like the old Diahatsu Charade 1.0 GTI laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

That red one's gotta 1.6 badge on it. Dya think vw are gonna be stupid and stick big engines in small cars like punto's and corsa's have now got, which seem to go slower than the '200cc' smaller old models.

What is going on with the rear arches...they come to a point at the top...reminding me of a church window! :?

What is going on with the rear arches...they come to a point at the top...reminding me of a church window! :?

Umm the current one kind of does that, just went out and looked at mine - never noticed before :? :? :shock:

if they lowered it a bit and chopped the roof down it would look a lot better, still too much like a standard euro box though, like a fiat punto.

fox.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Saw a Seat Altea last night - looked a bit like the new loop - is that what it's based on??

edit: nope, not at all, must have been really dark last night!! lol!

thats based on the mk5 golf pltformwhich is shared with the following,

NEW A3

A3 sportback

mk5 golf

touran

To be released leon

to be released toledo

new octavia

Arose

plus a few more probably

• 1 month later...