Is my car for real?

Niche

I was waxing my car yesterday so I was paying attention to most of the bodywork. And I noticed I have two completely different roof sills!

The passenger side is painted and the driver side is rubber ! :wacko::blink:

Any ideas?

I was waxing my car yesterday so I was paying attention to most of the bodywork. And I noticed I have two completely different roof sills!

Any ideas?

whats the question? how to fix it or why it is like that?

chances are ones off or for another vehicle, trimmed to fit. or that possibly they changed them with years passing in the development of the lupo and was replaced with a more modern one. either that or a previous owner DIY not finished?

Any ideas?

aaaaahhhhhh lmao :ph34r:

:surprise:

But why would the roof seal ever need changing? Its painted on as standard and its covered by VW's 12 year bodywork gaurantee. Its not going to be covered under warranty now that the previous **** tampered with it.

Mind you though I have plastic bumpers on the lower part and plastic mirror covers for a laugh when I've seen older Lupo's with colour coded bodywork.

Edited by Niche

But why would the roof seal ever need changing? Its painted on as standard and its covered by VW's 12 year bodywork gaurantee. Its not going to be covered under warranty now that its the previous **** tampered with it.

Mind you though I have plastic bumpers on the lower part and plastic mirror covers for a laugh when I've seen older Lupo's with colour coded bodywork.

they do get knackered, being rubber they can perish in the sun and flake, sometimes if they get pulled out they never fit back in properly so are replaced, are you sure its painted as standard? sounds weird to me

I'm confident the roof sills are painted as standard. There was another topic about the painted ones bubbling away and that VW would fix that under there 12 year gaurantee. If the numpty before me replaced it with a plastic one I can kiss goodbye my warranty.

My car seems to have plastic all over it, maybe I'll just replace the painted one for a plastic one.

Got Plastic? :(

Edited by Niche

If it really matters that much to you just get another one and a tin of black paint.

Not the same minge. That defies the point. :P

i think your sport must be a cut and shut mate

Well I'm not so fussed, if my car was any other colour than Black I would have had a fat strop by now.

Roll on the body shop.

Do both sides look the same but one is painted? Or is one actually a strip of rubber?

Arosas have unpainted ones.

I nearly lost one of mine when it decided to come loose on the motorway, so maybe it got lost that way.

I'm presuming they were both painted as standard as the painted one has a tiny bubble meaning its been there for some time so I doubt a painted one would have fallen loose. Maybe it got taken off for a roof rack and the ghey ruined the drivers side one.

The one on the drivers side looks the same as the passenger side but upon closer inspection its a strip of rubber.

May as well have my passenger side mirror cap and half of my front & rear bumper sprayed black to show my half job car.

On my 1.0e I had black roof sill trims (matching the door mirrors and rubbing strips).

My sport has colour coded trims, I always thought they were colour coded on "S" models upwards.