Euro 2008

Adam

Seen as the Euro's got underway at the weekend, i thought i would start a topic.

Who do you think will win?

Who will be a disapointment?

Which underdog/s are going to go far?

Having watched the dutch and ze germans games they both seem very strong. The dutch have a lot of pace and technical ability and they really showed the old legs of the italians up last night on the counter.

I know proper footy fans will be into the tournament because a lot of players in the domestic leagues will be making an appearance and give them cause to follow it.

However, as a casual observer, the tournament doesn't feature my home nation. It would be all too easy to latch onto a neighbouring country, but what's the point?

That said, I think the usual suspects will be up there, Germany, Netherlands and possibly France. Oddly, I tend to favour the Czechs, Heaven knows why, but I note that they won their first match too.

I was impressed with both of the home nations, dont think they will cause an upset though.

Holland look the best team by far, agree that the germans look strong but the Poles showed their defence up a bit. Portugal and Croatia looked pretty poor. Have to see what Spain have to offer tonight.

Generally I think the games have been very poor so far; best game was obviously yesterdays Holland v Italy match however the Italians were v poor!.

Also keepers were meant to be moaning about the ball moving about in the air when struck hard but there have been hardly any decent shots and no screamers scored yet!

i think itll be holland, italy or germany who win the euros, portugal havent got a good enough striker, spain wont win it cos they never win anything.

holland were v good last night but i can still still italy doing well.

id like to see russia do well as they took our place in the euros so its only right we all support them.

Yeah i've about the keepers, they moaned about the ball at the last world cup aswell.

Hopefully Spain will live up to the hype though, im looking forward to seeing Torres and Villa playing together. I was expecting a lot more from France, but they just could not create anything at all!

I thought Hollands midfield was awesome last night and the fact that Robben and also Van Persie started on the bench, i think the could go a long way.

Been lovin the euros so far, great atmospheres at the games.

I think that Germany will win it, they should have an easier path to the final.

Portugal don't have a proper centre forward so they won't go past the quarters me thinks.

Spain are class and i wouldn't be surprised if they go far, if they met Holland that would probably be an amazin game.

We (Scotland) should be there, France were crap yesterday, no enthusiasm, we would have put up a good show against Romaina.

Class tournament

Well Spain turned on the class last night, didn't they?! Villa and Torres were awesome, as was Xabi, i'm still not convinced they will win though, as they got a little sloppy in the second half and towards the end when they were 3-0 up, something the Germans or Italians would never do. They have an attacking force to go very far though and if they shut up shop at the back, i think they will be in the semi's and then anything can happen in the final if they were to get through.

Well Spain turned on the class last night, didn't they?!

They were awsome!!, Greece shouldn't have bothered turning up, you would think defending champions would put up a fight to hold onto their crown

Haha, the swiss are out and it only began on Saturday, what a gutter for one of the home nations. They'l be quickly followed by Austria tonight.

Whats every1 thinking about Turkey or the Czechs going through? Whoever wins gets a place in the quarters (probably against Germany)

What u thinkin Adam, u seem to also be one of the very few football fans on here, what u think?

Theres ben a couple of great performances so far by Holland and Spain but can't see them keeping it up throughout the tournament. Spain always have a good couple of games then fall away and i think holland will do the same this year. Think Germany are going to win it. TBH i thught Czech were going to have a good chance this year but gota feeling Turkey will shock them. Already won money this year on i though :D. Had David Villa to be top goalscorer, To score a hatrick in the tournament and Germany to win on differant coupens so won 64 quid already :D

Paul R, I would like to see Turkey go through, they have a few decent players such as Emre (when he is not injured), Sanli, Basturk, Altintop, Turan etc. I would like to see more of Arda Turan as he is a potential Newcastle target aswell, they are half way there now, they just need a win against Czech Republic, which won't be easy, as they are in the same boat as Turkey.

OMG!! Netherlands were awesome last night, France had their chances, but Netherlands took theirs, the finishing was fantastic! I can't help think that if Henry had put his lob of Van Der Sar in, it would have been a different result, but he didn't. Netherlands are the most fluent footballing side in the Tournament and having watched both of their games, they want to entertain and win, i hope they go far in the tournament.

As for who will win, i'm still undecided, i can't help think Germany will still win, or at least get to the final. They had a minor blip against Croatia, both of Croatia's goals coming from defensive errors, so its kind of good they got that game out of the way before the knockout stages. Attacking wise, Netherlands have an amazing chance to win, nobody can seem to stop them and just when things aren't going right, they bring Robben and Van Persie on and the whole game changes, they aren't bad defensively either!

i believe that the countries who have a storming start will play badly once. I would rather do this in the group stages like Germany than in a quarter, semi or final. It always seems to happen so for that reason a don't think Holland will win, and will be surprised if they do. i thin kfrance will beat italy and holland will beat romania so holland and france will progress

Yup, Nihat's second goal was a peach! I'm not sure what Cech was doing for Nihat's first goal though, woops! So its Turkey vs Croatia in the quarters and Portugal vs Germany, two cracking and evenly matched games their...i can't wait!

As i said in my last post, I had a feeling Turkey were going to beat Czech. Think Germany will get through tonight though. They have had their bad game and as said, better having it in the group stages rather than later on. Think Romania will go through tomorrow night as i feel Holland wil put out a weaker side as they would rather have Romania there than France or Italy bu it shaping up to be a good next couple of days

If France or Italy draw, then Romania will go through regardless, unless they get stuffed by Holland. So they (romania) have quite a good chance of going through i think.

I'm guessing that italy will sneak one over the french 1-0, probably without playing that well, and that holland will beat romaina because they,re (romaina) are due a rotton performance and Hollands rotton performance will probably come when it matters most like in the final or summit