PayDay

Sami_Jayne_R

Is my first payday from my new job today, and was supposed to be getting just under £300 paid into my account.

Got my pay slip thing this morning and had been paid a total of

£97!!!!

That's like a third of what I've worked!

My boss is going to be getting a ear full tomorrow!

&&& I was going to treat myself to some retail therapy this weeked in Exeter, am having some second thoughts now! :(

Can't believe that kind of thing has happened down here.

Luckly no one was hurt other than the bloke himself.

I got paid today too but haven't been given my payslip yet.

They've not given me my payslip because I've had a payrise in this months salary, but haven't had my appraisal yet so haven't been officially told my payrise. :rolleyes:

They seem to forget that we're all accountants and can therefore work our net pay backwards to our gross so we all know what payrises we've been given! My appraisal on Tuesday is going to be interesting as it would appear my payrise is less than I was told (in January) it would be...

Boss' always seem to go back on what they've said.

When I was offered the job I was told I'd be on £5.50 p/hour, but when my contract came through it suddenly became £4.70

But I'm not that bothered because it's more than I was paid before and I get to work with one of my really good mates, so I'm never bored! :D

Pay day for me too :lol: for not alot of work done i am happy haha

12 hours overtime i got an extra 200quid to put towards some new wheels B)

(Its anna- oops! Change user lol)

Edited by scotty_82

you should hve all noticed a little more in your pay due to the cut in tax from 22% - 20%.....

However labour had put the national insurance up by 1% a few years ago so its going to take a while to claw that tax break back!

We get an inflationary payrise every year.... But its not great... 3.5.% tops.... :angry:

We get an inflationary payrise every year.... But its not great... 3.5.% tops.... :angry:

Our inflationary payrise is 2% so well below the rate of inflation, what a joke!

Also like Adam, I won't get paid until the very very very last day of the month, Priory like to hold on to all their employees money for as long as possible! (probably accrues a good amount of interest over the year)

Not that im complaining.

you should hve all noticed a little more in your pay due to the cut in tax from 22% - 20%.....

Depends how much you earn - if you earn less than £15k-16k (I can't remember the cut off point) you're actually worse off because of the lost 10% band. If you earn more than that then you're better off because of the 20% band.

Edit: Quick calculation and if you earn less than £15,351 you're worse off, but if you earn more than that you're better off. (Taking personal allowances into account)

Niki...

At what point do you actually get taxed 40%?

including your personal allowance?

Don't you think thats a massive increase in tax..... it jumps from 20 % to 40%... I think it should be more progressive

i'm getting extra 800squid for some reason and i daredn't ask why incase it's a mistake and they take it back i love royal mail lol

thats a bonus mate - i saw it in the sun that posties are getting an 800 bonus!!

Our inflationary payrise is 2% so well below the rate of inflation, what a joke!

Also like Adam, I won't get paid until the very very very last day of the month, Priory like to hold on to all their employees money for as long as possible! (probably accrues a good amount of interest over the year)

Not that im complaining.

there are two rates of inflation, retail price index (RPI) and consumer price index (CPI), one runs at 2% and one at almost 4%, not sure which way around it is, but yeah inflation is a crap thing for payrise's to be marked against.

i got a 3.6% payrise in january and it doesnt really amount to much each month after tax.

bloooody taxman!

there's something wrong there then cos that is 80% tax, and nobody gets taxed that much.

well thats what it says on my payslip.

altogether I got 845 or something this month

£113 tax.

but still

feels like I only got a teeny bit out of all the overtime :angry::lol: