castle combe track day planned

Dark

i'm planning to do a track day this spring in my GTI at castle combe race circuit. with a provisional date of 23rd of May. any other lupo interested in going just thought i would mention it. i have spectated once at castle combe and rode around it on a push bike looks like a challenging track, it will be my 1st track day so will need to be careful as its mostly barriers like the nurburgring near to the tarmac. price is £170 for a whole days track use from 8am.

i'm going to have to think carefully about insurance for this. the guy i'm meeting their who has raced caterhams at combe says its not the best one to go on 1st time as it is fast and precarious. but it is the closest track to me and looks fun. if its dry i might be able to avoid hitting something.

Edited by Dark

hmm what am i letting myself in for.. this was where i watched a festival race day, and even the pro's messed up in various places.

shoot never searched for vids before maybe i hadnt, there are loads of BIG crashes to watch on youtube. cars literally barrel rolling through the air...

Edited by Dark

Your not racing so theres no problem.

Its a fast track so just drive within your limits. Ive driven there a few times (when my folks lived round the corner) and love that track.

i have watched more "castle combe crash" videos on youtube. tbh i'm scared of it now. even if i drove within my limits there seems like there are nutters out their in their evo or subaru that will slam into you. i do want to go though. will definitely sort out some proper track day insurance. how much was insurance out of interest? or did you risk it without?

I would also recommend the one on the 26th July as well, which is the vw/audi track day.

Great track action and they have a mini show'n shine as well.

I love castle combe its an awesome track to drive on :thumbsup: