the Silver Sedan!

nfbr

Had a nice dry day today, so finally managed to get round to fitting my Xenon HID Conversion kit...

Yes, I know what all you snobs are going to say "Theres no point doing it unless they are O.E.M headlamps" but sorry, I haven't got £1800 to spend on a propper xenon conversion.

Instead I've gone for the "Ultimate Car-Pro kit" from HID's4U. Fantastic peice of kit with absolutely everything included and a propper plug and play system, guarenteed not to screw up the ECU like a lot of the crappy eBay kits. The kit comes with 2x H4 fitment Bi-Xenon bulbs, 2x Igniters and bulb leads, 2x Ballasts, and 2x Power leads.

The bulbs are 5000˚K so are pretty much a pure white and not too blue like many kits. Hopefully it'll give me back the light I lost by buying a bora... (Worst designed headlight units in the world you see)

As you can see from the pictures, Its a very tidy bit of kit, with no Daft huge wiring looms randomly trapsed across the engine bay.

hid1.jpg

hid2.jpg

hid3.jpg

hid4.jpg

Will try and get some night pictures so people can see how it looks in the dark.

As Always, Comments welcome.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't beat Xenon's. B)

Been wanting some for the Audi but wasn't sure which kit to get, I'll check out HID's4U. :)

Use the discount code "Toyota Pro" and you'll get a decent discount.

Don't bother with any of the ebay companies. I bought a set off some guy on eBay and ended up sending em back, meaning I lost the delivery cost, and had to pay postage to return em.

Also Buy only 5000˚K or 6000˚K colour temperature bulbs. Lots of people sell 8000˚K ones, but they are just too blue and can be uncomfortable to drive with at night. (Also would attract unwanted attention from the fuzz)

Update

A few pics for you guys to illustrate how good the xenons are!

Here's how they look colourwise when on

hid003.jpg

Here's the Dipped beam

hid002.jpg

Here's the High beam

hid001.jpg

Edited by nfbr

Thought It was about time I got some good shots of the Bora since most of my photos on here are a little... lets just say boring...

Anyway. Here goes nothing! Hope you people like :)

Firstly a pic of the interior all lit up at night ;) Note the Perfectly matched boost gauge.

1390801.jpg

Pic of the LED sidelight bulbs I've installed. Look a bit blue on this pic, But IRL they are a pure white.

1390802.jpg

Pic of the LED numberplate lights. Need focusing toward the plate a bit more, as they currently light the floor and the bumper.

1390804.jpg

Anyway, Onto the good stuff...

1390805.jpg

1390806.jpg

1390807.jpg

1390808.jpg

Comments Welcome :)

If I can get friday off work, then yes, I'll come along to that. What I'll probably do is come straight from work and have something to eat there.

:) Sounds like its going to be a good meet mate!

no worries, most people come around 7 but i'll be there from 5 onwards so i'll have my tea with you!

Nice one mate. I finish at 5.30, should take 45 minutes with good traffic, so I'll probably arrive at about 6.20 ish!

good man al, ps who are all these new people :wacko:

heh!

Philplop is from the north east, Earni is from a local VAG forum, Fran is just Fran... Lupo D is from Italy, and I met Pro3Mark at Edition 2007, He's a cool guy.

you wouldnt. B)

Seriously, any lower than it is now, I would lose the great handling that I've got right now. I'm not "Scene" enough to sacrifice handling for the sake of a few "Scene Points"

Edited by nfbr