• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers Adam :)

Few new bits arrived this week...

clutch1.jpg

clutch2.jpg

clutch3.jpg

Sachs Race Engineering Clutch, capeable of handling 359lb/ft with 4 people in the car and a full boot on the bora :)

and also ordered an Audi S3 front lower strut brace.

both will Hopefully be going on the car next week :)

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good Al :shades: which model do the all red rears come from? i have them on mine but most Boras have the frosted white at the bottom, i checked to see if mine are genuine they are stamped "Hella" so i guess they are, how odd :lol:

Cheers man.

The All red with smoked reverse clusters are from either the US. pre2004 models, or from the UK "Sport" models

Other tail lights to look out for are late US Spec GLI ones and Late US Spec GLX ones :)

Late GLI tails

1JM945112B.SET.jpg

Late GLX/GLS tails

P9000165457OES.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
Loving the way the cars turning out Al :shades:

I knew you would make a top job of modding the Bora

Keep up the good work

Take it steady

Cheers man! :) When you gona come down and see me at work ? The kettle's always on round here you know ;)

Someone's feeling flush/ getting a good discount. Imagine they will be awesome.

The discount isn't all that big... Just I need new Discs and pads all round so Its an Ideal time to upgrade the calipers on the front also :)

Not sure what I'm going to do about the Rear brakes yet... Looking at a TT225 rear calipers and carriers with the Tarox F2000 discs in 256mm x 20mm.

:)

I like :D

Thanks cheif :)

Cheers man! :) When you gona come down and see me at work ? The kettle's always on round here you know ;)

I know mate, shame I missed you last time :(

Bonus depending, I hope to be seeing you in January time :D

:) Will be good to see you damo mate!

Been looking into the rear brakes today... Looking at getting TT Quattro / Bora 4motion etc Calipers and Carriers so that I can use Vented 256x20mm rear discs :)

Looking at getting the Tarox F2000 rear discs

f2000.jpg

And this is the brake kit I'll be getting Only the calipers are to be Annodized Orange as per the pic up there ^^

taroxkit1.jpg

20mm lower at the front! You must be insane, looks perfect as it is :shades:

That clutch looks odd! So it must be a harder wearing one too? Although is it? Surely less pressure points mean more wear?

Looking good though Al, I have a big soft spot for boras and yours is coming along very nicely :shades:

20mm lower at the front! You must be insane, looks perfect as it is :shades:

That clutch looks odd! So it must be a harder wearing one too? Although is it? Surely less pressure points mean more wear?

Looking good though Al, I have a big soft spot for boras and yours is coming along very nicely :shades:

Its a sintered metal Paddle clutch :) Same as what they use for motorsport use, particularly for drag launches.

I can cope with 359lb/ft of torque in a fully loaded car (full of fuel, full boot, 4 adults in the seats) :)

Thanks for the great comments mate :) I really appreciate it!

Its a sintered metal Paddle clutch :) Same as what they use for motorsport use, particularly for drag launches.

I can cope with 359lb/ft of torque in a fully loaded car (full of fuel, full boot, 4 adults in the seats) :)

Thanks for the great comments mate :) I really appreciate it!

Ah right, i was wondering that, cheers for the info.

No problem! B)

Can get one for your TDI also if you wish to go further than 170bhp ;)

They are great for Quick starts from traffic lights, but can be a little tricky to use if you want to set off slowly.

I've stalled it a couple of times trying to get used to it... lol

Cheers man.

The All red with smoked reverse clusters are from either the US. pre2004 models, or from the UK "Sport" models

Other tail lights to look out for are late US Spec GLI ones and Late US Spec GLX ones :)

I saw them in action when I was on holiday, I think they look quite good. You can see them in the left of this pic B)

P1010809.jpg

They're all Jettas over there ;). Nearly all of them were 1.8T's too (the Bora ones)

Most of the 2000-2004 ones were 2.8 24v VR6 models and 1.9 TDI (none PD)

But most of the 2004-2006 ones were 1.8T's :)

The ones in the picture above (Gold/beige) ones are 2004 on GLS models :)