306 gti-6

leddy

The 306 was pretty much the best handling car of it's time and it can still hold it's own well. As a drivers car i think they're very good and i could see that if you owned one that you'd love the way it drove, you may suffer a bit with the interior though. As for the engine, they're good, quicker than a Lupo GTi or at least should be unless they're not well looked after.

Edited by db

there used to be a stripped down oval racing one round the corner from me,it had the dimma wide arch look to it, 10" compomotives one bucket seat and no glass looked mint

I think there pretty cool. Wouldn't own one but I can see the appeal. Would rather have a 106 Rallye :blush:

i'd take on of the RWD 205's :blush:

CLICKY

Edited by Jowey

167bhp standard, can have around 180bhp just by fitting uprated injectors and remapping.

Excellent car, untellable levels of grip and beautiful handling.

VERY HEAVY on fuel though if you Toe it about.

Back in 2004 I drove a friends one of these and used 15 quids worth of fuel in less than 50 miles. Was great fun doing it though.

I think there pretty cool. Wouldn't own one but I can see the appeal. Would rather have a 106 Rallye :blush:

tbh i had thought of a 106 rallye. but i think if i was downgrading to a cheaper car a 306 gti would be more car for the money.

is the 306 rallye the same car as the gti-6? cant believe how cheap they are. ive seen a w reg gti-6 with 64k fpsh for £2800

what other alternatives can people think of? would want to spend about 3k ideally.

cheers for the help guys. appreciate it.

I've been thinking about an EG Civic VTi. 160bhp from the factory and Honda reliability, and tuning bits are very cheap from the USA.

Maybe not the same handling capabilities of the Pug though! :lol:

If you want bang for buck Volkswagen is definitely the worst place to go.

Volkswagen give you a Polo GTI with 150bhp. Vauxhall will give you a Corsa VXR with around 200bhp! I'm sure there priced bout the same as well?

My mate has a red S1 with white steels. Lowered and has big white circles on the doors. Cool as hell. Just wants a 1.6 16V in it!

I'm looking at a red s1 atm :)

comes with the s2 steelies and a set of Comp Mo's

82k, very reasonable price too

:)

what other alternatives can people think of? would want to spend about 3k ideally.

325i or maybe even 328 beemer, 200sx or 300zx nissan, fiat coupe, alfa gtv or 155, audi 90 quatro etc. Origional mx5 for cheap fun? Loads of nice stuff out there depends what you are after pace, space and running cost wise. If it was me i'd not buy a leggy old pug though, they weren't the most reliable new and the dash rattles might drive you insane.

Edited by Crusoe

2.5lr bmw with only 95k on the clock looks clean and probably a much better faster and more entertaining drive than the pug, offer £2300. http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/classifieds/415899.htm

Even some m3 evos in your price range though not sure if the running costs and insurance would be too friendly.

go on pistonheads classified with a 3k budget or even £2k and see that there are some great bargains out there.

Edited by Crusoe