2 wheels and pedal power ...

MattyA

I have a few questions but didn't think it worth a whole new topic on the matter I've recently started cycling to work and have a circa £250 mountain bike which i have since put road tyres and a smaller rear chainset i now average between 14-15mph over my 26miles a day commute i took it into t bike shop a while ago to have a spoke sorted and he said once you start getting over 30kph (which i do alot of the time it's mainly big hills that slow down my average) i should start thinking about some more aero dynamic handlebars so i've ordered some of these 28781.jpg but my question is how much faster can i go with this bike is there anything else i can do to it or should i just save up for a decent road bike does a road bike make that big a difference if i do go for one it'll be the best i can afford as i had a £400 one about 7 or so years ago and it broke everytime i rode it up until the day a car ran me over on it

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers dude,

Funny thing was i ordered a black frame, and they sent me a red one :lol: loved the colour so i kept it B)

its awesome... i would love anything that colour :lol:

If your on about mine your wrong! Know your bikes 1st before insulting yeah?! Secondly this is my cheap jump bike. I'm in the middle of building up my norco 250. No harm in posting a pic of the bikes I actually use at the moment is there? And how can you insult ANYONE when you ride a hairdryer!?

If your on about mine your wrong! Know your bikes 1st before insulting yeah?! Secondly this is my cheap jump bike. I'm in the middle of building up my norco 250. No harm in posting a pic of the bikes I actually use at the moment is there? And how can you insult ANYONE when you ride a hairdryer!?

I dont understand. what the hell is going on here?

loving the singlespeed fixed wheel machine,

i work in a bike shop, so will have get some pics of my bike collection up, lol got 7 at the mo i think,

rob

heres a couple i found, one of my 20" trials beast and one of me in action on a different trials bike

001.jpg

trialsbike.jpg

Edited by rob@stoke

Few pics of the transformation of mine

pbpic3201570.jpg

pbpic3146280.jpg

pbpic1748982.jpg

pbpic3284429.jpg

pbpic3284460.jpg

pbpic3284470.jpg

Another corby follower then, ive been going since it opened years ago.

The resi is brilliant, learnt these last year:

DSC_1518.jpg

This year progressed to these:

DSC_1709.jpg

DSC_1722.jpg

Getting a bit too old for it now though, so on friday i pick up one of these:

l_09sjfsrelitewht_large.jpg

Still makes no sence, he doesnt appear to have offended anyone

do you know what a RAW is? It's a really turd Saracen for like a tenner. Mine is also a saracen but it's called an amplitude. You get the jist of the insult now? A pointless dig at what I'm riding

do you know what a RAW is? It's a really turd Saracen for like a tenner. Mine is also a saracen but it's called an amplitude. You get the jist of the insult now? A pointless dig at what I'm riding

Your an idiot

Hes going on about his raw frame.... which means.... has no paint on it!!

Get back in your box. and lets talk about bikes again