2 wheels and pedal power ...

MattyA

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my bike history goes:-

Scott Yekora, got nicked in Germany

Giant ATX 990 with GT Zascar components, got nicked in Norfolk. god i miss that bike

Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc, sold after 3 day of ownership

Marin Point Reyes, still got

Specialized P1, in bits

My fave Kona Scrap

P280308_1807.jpg

P280308_1808.jpg

P280308_180801.jpg

Amber they look like original 70's choppers ? if they are then *drool*

federal.jpg

my commuter and park bike

note the triple cross rear spokes, and 20mm bolt through axle

I used to run it brakeless and I cut most of the cable holders off to give it smoother lines but now howver i need a brake for my 7 mile commute so its got ugly gaffer tape on it

Amber they look like original 70's choppers ? if they are then *drool*

lol

yeah they are :)

the first one is made up of mk1 and mk2 bits so its a bit of a hybrid (the orange one) dads mate found a mk1 and mk2 in a skip and gave them to us to restore but the mk1 frame was shot to pieces so we made one up out of both of them I think the hub is 1972

and I wanted another one for christmas a couple of years ago so the yellow one we got for £80 off ebay. this one is 1975 it looked like this when we got it home:

newchopper2.jpg

then we restored it.

dads friend also found a budgie (mini chopper) in the skip which looks like this:

BUDGIEEEEE.jpg

we've now restored it back to the same colour -just gotta get decals for it. :)

I really want another chopper but theres no room for any more!

I'll buy a bike rack for the loop and bring the yellow one to the summer shows once I've passed my test.

I really want another chopper but theres no room for any more!

I'll buy a bike rack for the loop and bring the yellow one to the summer shows once I've passed my test.

thats an amazing collection :blink: but yeh definatley take it to the shows with it being yellow n all:)

thats an amazing collection :blink: but yeh definatley take it to the shows with it being yellow n all:)

yeah :) it goes well with the loop:

lupoandchopper007.jpg

:lol:

okay

chopper spam over :coffee:

a nice tightly sprung (too tight at times) marin east peak......

.......well not any more, everything except the handlebars and gear shifters have been upgraded. its great when u work in a bike shop......staff discount yay!!!

here she is!

bike12.jpg

Another blinkin xc'er can only just get the bike in the boot lol

Edited by Toi gulp

when it comes to hills and offroad stuff the choppers fail tragically so I got this last summer - nothing fancy but it does the job nicely.

Apollo FS.26

bike.jpg

Foxy, that Kona is sweet! That is the same frame as the Shred isn't it? Why did you sell the Specialized so soon?

Yes i think the frame is the same, they change the group depending on the model, top model is the Cowen, i believe that has a different frame.

I sold the Specialized because i decided i wasnt into bikes anymore......how wrong i was, really regret selling it.

love this :wub:

single speed it please :shades:

Thanks.

They are weldless frames (Tubes glued together) and ultra light compared to modern bikes.

Was looking to do a single speed track bike, although sold it recently to fund my new found Tamiya fetish.

Thanks.

They are weldless frames (Tubes glued together) and ultra light compared to modern bikes.

Was looking to do a single speed track bike, although sold it recently to fund my new found Tamiya fetish.

I was trying to figure out why the lines looked so smooth the glued frame explains it all

I need a track bike for my commute really its a bit more sensible than my current bike but not really senssible because it still has no gears

out of interest what was the name of that frame i'll have to make a note of it

• 3 weeks later...

BMX represent...... i was waiting for someone to put one up

Silly people with big wheels, what you want is a minature bike and a 6"2 bloke riding it.....

Heres mine....... had to show off!

DSC_1518.jpguntitled.jpg

Edited by Casper1496