2 wheels and pedal power ...

MattyA

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seeing as i've just put in a big expenses claim I though I'd add to my bike stable, was looking at a yeti 575 or a Klein but got a good price on nicely upgraded cannondale super v1000.

taitalan-1000v.jpg

nice to see other people rocking the DMRs :P

i got a Sidekick, bought it off ebay purely for the frame as a work in progress, had lots of plans and was busily saving up the money for all the bits and pieces, then 2 months later i dislocated my knee...

a year and a bit later its still sat in the shed :( havent touched it. when i've got a spare few hundred quid i'll get round to playing with it, promise! :P

i got a Sidekick, bought it off ebay purely for the frame as a work in progress, had lots of plans and was busily saving up the money for all the bits and pieces, then 2 months later i dislocated my knee...

a year and a bit later its still sat in the shed :( havent touched it. when i've got a spare few hundred quid i'll get round to playing with it, promise! :P

i know what thats like! hhaa

I bought a GT ZUM for the commute to work in 2006. The frame is XL and too long to be comfortable and it's under geared. How did I know, the shop bloke certainly didn't (misserable arsehole). I use it, but maybe once a month.

there are things you can do to shorten the gap, get a shorter handlebar stem, get bars that sweep back further, push your saddle forward on it's rails and get a seatpost that has little or no backward angle on it. or sell the frame and get an L instead, just transfer all the bits (get new gearing for what you need, assume your somewhere hilly?), halfords sell all the bits that you'd need, wouldn't cost you a huge amount. it's a shame to leave your bike rusting, when you spent some hard earned mullah onit. halfords (or local shop) will need to put your cups and hub in for you as needs special tools, but won't cost you much if you do all the rest yourself.

I have a trek liquid 25, its beautiful, my first fullsusser :X :X covered in mud FROM ~2 YEARS AGO!!!!! How rubbish am i? i live in pancake land more commonly known as oxfordshire :( from hilly aberdeen to flat bicester...baaaad move!!! bbaaaaaddd bf no donuts!

i have a kona stinky 06.. upgraded everything .. got fox 40s rc2 triple claps .. diety seat in black and white .. whitew dmr pedals

heres me doing sum stuff .. before fox 40s etc.. love it .. go up bedford all the time..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5khNm0od3g

pics to cum

love this thread lol..

Edited by gilybob

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Thought I would bump this cause I finaly got round to taking pic's of my new bike

Had it about 3 or 4 months now and absolutly love it, cant fault it at all

Its an Orange Alpine 160 with Hope everything

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0230.jpg

Edited by foxy

Heres mine. Custom made Standard 250L frame, Fit Shiv forks, Odyssey Twombolt cranks, Profiles front and rear with all ti, laced onto the front specific Fly rims front and rear, Proper stem, Mutiny Glam bars...etc.! Didnt ride all winter but got back into in the last couple of months and relearnt 720's third attempt last week! Well chuffed!

5131_515155904171_289000115_820465_1524990_n.jpg

Had a biker build off with Jon and created this:

dsc05063.jpg

Azonic Evo II (re powder coated)

Rock Shox Pike 426 with Pushloc

X9 Components

Azonic Nitro cranks

Azonic Outlaw wheel set

Avid Code White 2009 brakes

Azonic, bars, stem, post, peddals and saddle

Edited by MattyA

Thought I would bump this cause I finaly got round to taking pic's of my new bike

Had it about 3 or 4 months now and absolutly love it, cant fault it at all

Its an Orange Alpine 160 with Hope everything

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0230.jpg

Bet you can't do a wheelie on it! :lol:

About a month back I sold both the Specialized and the Azonic, used the Specialized loads, and really do rate them, and the Azonic had it's last run out at Laggon (made it down the slab allbeit sideways).

Replaced with this: Orange Alpine 160 AM in Cosmic White, with a few modest upgrades.

dsc07445.jpg

Felt Straighshot 07 model i think here =]

Hard Tail.

Dark green

Drop Off IV's

Made for 4cross

Will sell if anyone wants... need cash...

Good condition. 1 bit of cable rubbing..

Made single speed

and no front brake =]

rear brake is made by hayes. was the best brake out at the time of purchase...

pm me if any interest...

Maybe High Five as we ride along?

Oh god yeah, lets just congratulate each other constantly on our amasing perchases. Then high five again!!