interior rattles...

ok im sure someone else will have experienced this, its rather annoying.

the pocket-type trim under the steering wheel (around where the cover for the fuse box is) has been creaking and for months now and ive had enough.

anyone got any thoughts on how to get rid of it, i have even thought about sticking a bit of folded up paper in the gaps in strategic places - but i just cant seem to nail down where it is coming from!

thanks in advance

andrew :shades:

hit it a boot........ my undertray fell off the other day when i was drivin lol. bit dodgy, but when i secured it better that stopped any rattles i was having. was my fault though didn put it back properly when i was wiring the speakers.!!!!

My dash occasionally rattles under the cupholders/above wee cubby with coin holder - I just give it a slight shove and it goes away for a few days.

But recently my passenger side door card has started rattling, its really annoying!!!

lol, calm down a bit hanley! ...although i have felt like taking my boot to it a few times like!

yeah ive got quite a few rattles, but this one can be really bad, and sometimes it doesnt make a sound!

good idea with the foam adam, im not sure if it will squeeze in the gaps mind! il give it a try.

i dont wanna have to take it out cos that is asking for trouble imo. il probably make it worse knowing my luck! :lol:

• 9 months later...

right.

im digging this old nutshell back up again.

dash rattles have been blitzed and are now much better thanks to sticky foam pads after pulling the tray to bits under the steering wheel. i also had rattles coming from the small peice of trim under the headlight switches - which *i think* i have cured too - just a bit masking tape over the lugs that hold it in place... time will tell as i only done this yesterday.

there has been a rattle from the back end for ages too, which is still there after countless efforts to get rid.

it seems to be coming from the rear c pillar area.

sticky pads under pillar trim - not working.

seatbelt bracket thingy has got masking tape all over the inside of it - not working.

all im saying is that i feel as though im p*ssing into the wind, and getting nowhere.

anyone have the same rattle and have fixed it? ...thoughts on where this could be coming from would be appreciated. GREATLY appreciated!

:(

seatbelt bracket thingy has got masking tape all over the inside of it - not working.

if you mean the bracket that holds the seatbelt against the B pillar, lift off the plastic cover and tighten the 2 phillips screws that hold the metal bracket to the B pillar. (worked for me)

I have also been strategically placing bits of foam around the interior, including behind lower door cards, underneath the coin/cup holder where it touches the lower dash tray, behind the covers for the wing mirrors, and behind the air vent in the passenger side dash. And I still have some rattles :angry:

cheers jon, but i meant the rear seatbelt bracket. its deffinatley coming from that corner.

ive tried getting my dad to drive and me sat in the back - and miraculousley the rattles stop! ...and its not the back seats either before anyone suggests that.

im gonna go and have another poke around.....

im still in the dark with this guys. any thoughts!?

I had the uncurable rattle from the back end, I found out what it was in the end.

Check your plastic bumpstop covers, i found that mine had split up by the foam for the bump stop and was rattling against the strut.

John

thanks for that fellas!

il check that out casper - i didnt think about looking at that!

i tried the seatbelt trick but id didnt appear to make alot of difference. il try that once again though....

thanks again! keep this thread alive!!! :lol:

Rattles are a pain, mine has a couple but they usually go away when the interior warms up. Most annoying is something clunking at the back, can never find out what that is :confused:

Thats what happens when you buy a cheap replica Lupo :D

:lol: Great stuff, its actually you with the replica, which was in production first i wonder :P