Lupo insurance

cookie

Howdy.

I picked up my lupo yesterday and am currently running round on the free 7 days insurance the dealers give. Are there any insurance companies you guys would recommend? I would like to add coilovers at some point and maybe different wheels and have heard some insurers don't charge extra for 'non-performance' mods or just charge an extra £XX that covers all 'non-performance' mods, can anyone enlighten me further? If it helps I'm 26, 5 years NCB and have a Lupo Sport.

Cheers for any help,

Cookie.

HIC are best for me with mods, but im 21 on a GTI. Everyone is differnet, but they dont add much for mods

I would say Elephant (or diamond for women). Thats who i have been with throughout the years that ive been driving. I think they charge an extra 20quid for non-standard alloys. Not sure about any other mods.

Good stuff, I think HIC do specailist VW insurance or something don't they? Cheers for the elephant tip-off, I would of avoided them pureley because of their TV adverts :lol: Unfortunately I have the wrong 'bits' to be insured by diamond :whistle:

Agree about the Elephant comment! :lol: Bell Direct are very good price wise and their customer service is great (No Indian Call Centres woop woop!) I believe Admiral are the same group as Diamond and Elephant so you can try them too....they dont mind which "bits" you have hehe :blush:

Edited by Clairey Fairy

For my Lupo (and my previous and current Fiesta), Norwich Union Direct were by far the cheapest, Elephant were out of the running by £150!

For our Seat Ibiza, we've gone with HIC to accomodate the tuning we have planned and it still comes in at about the same as the cheapest 'ordinary' quote we got from Priviledge.

We're 38 & 36 year old marrieds, both with full protected NCB and live in Britians capital of scroungers - Rochdale.

Do a search:

Directline.co.uk

tesco.co.uk

moneysupermarket.co.uk

confused.com

and see which company comes out cheapest, redue a quote on their actual website, then if its still cheap, ring them and ask them about future mods.

this is a good system

I did this I'm 19 only just had a full license

I got quoted £1060 fully comp with future wheels and suspension declared

3rd party fire and theft was something like £640 if i remember rightly

so it is worth combining all the screen scrapers

money supermarket covers more insurers and is easier to use than confused

Edited by Jowey

Haha, I'll probs use confused.com or similar and ring the top 5 and then beat them down draycottagirlz style! I'll let you know the results when it's all sorted.

Do keep us posted.

I saved my gf 100 last week when getting her car insurance! Nice.... :coffee:

Pint in for me if you are successful :P

Edited by draycottgirlz

HIC are great, English call centres, VW people in the call centres and my insurance went DOWN when I declared the mods. Even if they aren't the cheapest (they were for me though!) they are one of the best for customer service, which is worth paying a few quid extra for, IMHO.

They actually worked out about 300 quid cheaper than quotes from sites like confused.com ;)

If I got insurance for £300 quid cheaper they would be paying me!!

Anyway, just a quick update as I said I would...

I spoke to my current insurer who my mini was insured with and they wanted to charge one months installment + £20 for me to leave them plus I would loose this years no-claims so I have stuck with them as my policy only has 4 months to run out now, but I will be changing insurers when the time comes as I know I can get it much cheaper than my current lot (egg).

Gotta love insurance companies!