NEW f1 season

Dark

was waiting for a topic on this as was too lazy to start one. but it appears i have to.

did anyone else watch it? a fantastic start to the season. traction control ban has made more of a difference than i thought. nice to see the drivers struggling on the limit. BMW look pretty quick. always hard to judge on 1st race though. looking forward to this weekend in Malaysia. should give more of a form guide.

cant wait for the night race in Singapore!

was waiting for a topic on this as was too lazy to start one. but it appears i have to.

did anyone else watch it? a fantastic start to the season. traction control ban has made more of a difference than i thought. nice to see the drivers struggling on the limit. BMW look pretty quick. always hard to judge on 1st race though. looking forward to this weekend in Malaysia. should give more of a form guide.

cant wait for the night race in Singapore!

Still not great racing yet IMO, though was certainly the best f1 action in years... removing traction control is definately a step in the right direction

Good start to the season.

Think it'll be much closer at the top of the manufacturers table this year. Mclaren, Ferrari, BMW, and I think Renault will start bringing the results in too.

Next season keep your eyes on Honda, hopefully Ross Braun will bring some spring into their step

I missed the race, repeat of the race and tonights edited repeat of the race. I saw LH do his interview though. It was reassuring to note that 12 months in F1 has surgically removed any charisma the lad had and was robotically churning out predictable answers. Shame.

Next season keep your eyes on Honda, hopefully Ross Braun will bring some spring into their step

Very true....Braun is a genius...I think Ferrari are feeling the loss at the mo.

I've always had a soft spot for Mclaren, got to have a british team win!

So glad to hear that other people actually watch it!

Thought it was just me and my dad! My mates at college seem to only follow the awful, overpaid 'game' that is the football.

Great start to the season, cant wait for next weekend :)

Can't see Renault in the running for many good results this year, BMW on the otherhand ;)

it's all about motogp this season.

go JT!

I'm a motogp whore too :)

James showed MASSIVE promise even from the first race :)

Hopefully the big teams will take notice and give him the ride he deserves!

I still want Vale to win tho :coffee:

i watched it live, stayed up all night. i bet the rerun viewers didn't hear David Coulthard say that he would "beat the bloomin' ****" out of Felipa Massa?

and the bit of him talking about louise allens 'nipples'

that geezer is a LEGEND

could be, was very funny.

was also funny to see lewis bowing his legs like a cowboy then strongly cup his tackle then carefully get into his car. he must have had a painful experience in another race to be that careful lol.

pun edit: must have been a case of loose nuts in the cockpit.

Edited by Dark

Was a great start to the new season. Really enjoyed watching it and Lewis did a top job. I think half the trouble with his lack of charisma at the moment is the McLaren machine, but tbh, it leads to wins and you can't really complain! Great to see Honda actually showing some promise too. I have to say, it doesn't surprise me Brawn went to Honda. He is 'patron' of Formula Student and always makes an appearance and speech at the competition in the summer. Honda also have a massive involvement and there was no doubt plenty of time for him to talk to Pat Fry et al who were all there at Silverstone as well!

BMW :D

Lewis is tedious, annoyed already with the extended interviews. Much rather see Raikkonen win, even though he spin off a couple of times you could at least see he was putting 100% into it.

BMW :D

Lewis is tedious, annoyed already with the extended interviews. Much rather see Raikkonen win, even though he spin off a couple of times you could at least see he was putting 100% into it.

Jelousy ?

Lewis spent his whole life trying to get where he is now, his family sacrificed alot for it and lets face it, he is on fire.

Jelousy ?

Lewis spent his whole life trying to get where he is now, his family sacrificed alot for it and lets face it, he is on fire.

nope, he's just not someone I wouldn't want to spend any time with dull, corporate, hard working, tedious. If you were out for a night out with Raikkonen, Eddie Irvine maybe even Coulthard etc. you'd know you would have a fantastic night just decent blokes that know how to have a good time that you'd want as friends.

nope, he's just not someone I wouldn't want to spend any time with dull, corporate, hard working, tedious. If you were out for a night out with Raikkonen, Eddie Irvine maybe even Coulthard etc. you'd know you would have a fantastic night just decent blokes that know how to have a good time that you'd want as friends.

A night out with that lot could turn messy. Lewis would be in bed for 8pm (with Miss World obviously).

A night out with that lot could turn messy. Lewis would be in bed for 8pm (with a mug of warm weak lemon drink).

EFA :lol: and yes, probably the best real racing there has been in ages, the 2009 aero changes to alow cars behind to follow closer and give better slipstreams can't come fast enough though.

LH is the new nigel mansel, very competent but not very interesting IMO.

Malaysian Grand Prix on ITV

Friday practice can be watched online at the ITV website.

Live qualifying Saturday 22 March 0515-0720 ITV1

Qualifying re-run Saturday 22 March 1340-1510 ITV1

Live race Sunday 23 March 0615-0900 ITV1

Race re-run Sunday 23 March 1445-1730 ITV1

Highlights Monday 24 March 0020-0120 ITV1

Highlights re-run Monday 24 March 1800-1900 ITV4

Edited by Crusoe

LH is the new nigel mansel, very competent but not very interesting IMO.

Just seems humble to me, young and still a rookie, obviously a legend in the making...give it time.

The worst thing he could do at this stage would be to give the media a reason to jump on his case and start a bandwagon of hate, id play it the same way TBH.