A new project...'The Smartie'

stealthie

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plan over the next two days?

Start fitting the dash back in! I'm just hoping I have all the bits I need at home and have not left anything up at the workshop :rolleyes:

So this second bank holiday brought me half a day on the Lupo... the rest was spent at work and decorating the bedroom :rolleyes:

Pictures!

Heater box in!

SL372448.jpg

I hadn't realised until I picked it up but the dash had come apart in a couple of places :angry2: enter the soldering iron for some plastic melting together action... hurrrah! job done!

SL372449.jpg

SL372450.jpg

SL372451.jpg

This was all done in my 'throwback to the 60's kitchen' so shhh.. don't tell my girlfriend!

SL372453.jpg

SL372452.jpg

Then on to the main event....

SL372454.jpg

SL372455.jpg

A big step forward I think you'll agree :)

Now I can start to fit the rest of the interior up ;)

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

About time I updated this although have decided to at completely the wrong time as I'm going on holiday for a week in about five mins :wave: But as I've trawled through the pages I thought I'd post something!

Chris - yes it is finished and I have messaged you :thumbsup:

Lupo 1.0 - I have not had anyone do any work on it other than me and the paint by my friend :shades: Yeah it took a while due to various life situations, lack of cash flow and spare time but in January I decided to get it finished and took it from the point of the last update above to finished and on show at Ultimate Dubs in two months! It was mot'd at 1pm on the Saturday of the UD weekend.... cutting it fine is not the word! Maybe I work better under pressure eh?

Koop - Nah, tweed door cards AND headlining is epic :shades: stick your head in and take a look at the next show you see it at :yes:

Suani has posted a link to my company page, you might know it better for the Mk4 Ute that we built as it has taken the limelight from my Lupo although the Lupo is my own work and pasion :innocent:

Ultimate Dubs saw the clutch burn out by the time I got it home and it needs a new driveshaft (I'll update with that story when I get back from holiday) so lesson learned - dont trust an old clutch! Doh.

I'll update on my return!

I see your tweed & raise you vintage japanese homespun cotton :thumbsup: If it ever turns up :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Finally found this thread :lol:

Shazam!

IMAG0940.jpg

Look forward to seeing this tweed though :thumbsup:

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...