AROSA MK2 SIDELIGHT

On an Arosa is this?

Its very difficult, i changed my headlight bulb once and it took me an hour, although i didnt have to remove anything, my arms were cut to ribbons after though!

I never want to have to change a side light though, i think the front bumper has to come off!

Sidelights I hear you say????

Pain in the rear!!! To do one side (on the TDI) i had to take the whole air box off, then with a lot of sweat and scratches I got it out. Its very tight still to get it out. Also on the other side its very tight so had to remove the battery....

10mins??? More like 30mins on the TDI i found. Getting the clips out were a bit tight on mine, had to use some pliers to get one out.

If you want more exact details on the TDI send me a PM and i'll give you a walk through of what I did to make life a little bit easier. But be prepared to get angry at the things lol

Sidelights I hear you say????

Pain in the rear!!! To do one side (on the TDI) i had to take the whole air box off, then with a lot of sweat and scratches I got it out. Its very tight still to get it out. Also on the other side its very tight so had to remove the battery....

10mins??? More like 30mins on the TDI i found. Getting the clips out were a bit tight on mine, had to use some pliers to get one out.

If you want more exact details on the TDI send me a PM and i'll give you a walk through of what I did to make life a little bit easier. But be prepared to get angry at the things lol

Cheers dude but I took the easy option - I ended up taking it to VW - I know a lass there who always sorts me out with 10% off and one of the mechanics came out and did it for me. He took the air box off and few other bits, took him 45 mins aswell cus the old one was proper stuck in tight and he pulled the wires off the back so had to repair that. Even washed it too!

Funny that, i thought at one point just to pull the wire to try and get that out (but resisted getting angry as it'd only result in a broken clip.)

How much then altogether to change at the stealers? Persoally would have paid ÂŁ5.99 for halfords to fit it - lol

Funny that, i thought at one point just to pull the wire to try and get that out (but resisted getting angry as it'd only result in a broken clip.)

How much then altogether to change at the stealers? Persoally would have paid ÂŁ5.99 for halfords to fit it - lol

halfords staff generally speaking have the mechanical and automotive knowledge of your grandma. lol

halfords staff generally speaking have the mechanical and automotive knowledge of your grandma. lol

Yeah i was thinking if it goes again ill just get halfords to do it, but them would i really want halfords staff trying to fit a bulb when its difficult for me to do it! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered two brighter headlight bulbs off ebay because one of mine recently failed. I told him I had a Lupo and he sent me H7 bulbs. First, was it his mistake or are the bulbs in a Arosa different to a Lupo?

And, yes, what a pain they are to do! Having got the bulbs out before realising I'd got the wrong bulbs, I didnt fancy putting it all together for driving to work in the dark tomorrow morning so I got Halfords to do it. The kid hadn't really got a clue but his mate did who was hanging around in the car park (who I think did work there but wasn't 'on duty') and he sorted it for me. Cost me ÂŁ27 altogether! Had no choice though really - needed the bulbs fitted before it got dark.

Only problem is that the side lights now look yellow. Are the sidelights 501s?

Yeah lupos have different bulbs.

As on the arosa you have seperate dip and main beam lights, which is why the arosas lights work better.

So you only need a single filament bulb for the headlight replacement.

with the sidelights you have to press in the 2 wee clips on the side of the bulb (once you have found it). it will probs spin round in its hole but if you don't mind shreading your fingers getting it out, is easy to replace and put back in. try to refrain from pulling its wires as that way is very tempting once you try to take the bulb out

• 8 months later...

*bump*

I was also stuck on this, getting stressed out and shredding my fingers for half an hour trying to get the b******s out, tried pulling them with pliars but was scared to pull hard in case i broke them.

So thanks paul and biggaz for giving me the confidence that i was right to try to pull em out with pliars, was pretty scary but they do come out with a nice hard pull, then the bulbs themselves just slot in and out of their little holder, which then just pops back into place. Easy. :)

Seeing as it is getting dark, raining and I can't be bothered to get wet and find a torch :rolleyes:

What bulbs are the side lights, Am I right in thnking 501 wedge type and are the indicator bulbs offset or standard pin, Also what are the best sidelight bulbs to get for a match on the HID's i've just fitted.

Thanks in advance.

Richard

Edited by RichardS