Dispatches - Why Kids Kill?

heartagram

what was it..yrs ago if you misbehaved then youd get a clipping from the copper who then told your old man who then gave you another belting... its all about respect and discipline, which is no more..f**ks sake, 10 yrs olds robbing/beating up grannies etc for what 20 quid, ship them all off to america if they think they are hard, shove them all in the jails and let them get taught a valuable life lesson in there.

what was it..yrs ago if you misbehaved then youd get a clipping from the copper who then told your old man who then gave you another belting... its all about respect and discipline, which is no more..f**ks sake, 10 yrs olds robbing/beating up grannies etc for what 20 quid, ship them all off to america if they think they are hard, shove them all in the jails and let them get taught a valuable life lesson in there.

Guess who'd end up for that little holiday though :rolleyes:

end of the day its about money, respect is part of it but not as much as the money side of things.

and as for poverty there is a bit there as in the area they live, not so much what they have, some one my age and a lot younger can sell drugs and make a lot more than any 9-5, its not easy to get a job as it is, so why work hard in a job where you really are not happy or not happy with the wage, so selling drugs or get money other ways is the route to go.

and as for this territorial thing, it comes down to money/drugs again, someone who makes money in a area where you feel you should will kick things off, there are lots of sides to how things start but guns are not that hard to get, infact they never have been that hard.

its the life you live, some people have a better start then others, kids are after money and nice things, and some just go about it different ways.

i carnt see it changing, its a bit to late imo, it will just become like the us where there are no go areas, in fact there are places like that in se london, and i would think all over the uk.

but i think 5 years min for having a gun, and 10 years min for murder, at what ever age.

but if you have no role models then you dont know, it is down to the mum or dad, they need to show whats right and wrong, is you dont get showed you dont know really that well.

Edited by lupo_1.0

See just because you live in a crap area doesn't mean you have to be a crap head yourself. Its that old thing you get told as a kid "if so and so jumped off a bridge, would you jump to?"

i used to jump off bridges as a kid :coffee:

no thats true but lets say you live in poor area, you didnt really go to school and get any sort of grades, getting a job is hard because you dont have the grades, and you know theres was of getting money without these having to matter, the temptation is there. ok sometimes this is not all ways the way, but look on the news, what areas are kids killing each other, its not the ones who came from a happy home or have had nice things while growing up shooting each other outside oxford uni is it.

and like you said "told as a kid "if so and so jumped off a bridge, would you jump to?", these kids dont always have people there to tell them the rights and wrongs. if you are not told things in childhood you can grow up know ot not knows things.

no thats true but lets say you live in poor area, you didnt really go to school and get any sort of grades

School is free up to a certain age. So no one has an excuse for not going and not trying. You have it drilled into you from a young age you need qualifications to have a good job, so if you come from a crap area you should have more drive than anyone to do well. To get out of the crap hole life you live.

I was never great at school, but I did my best and got reasonable grades. Enough to get a job and that.

I hate how poverty is just used as an excuse for everything. Just because you don't have money, does not mean you have to be a complete retard all your life.

See just because you live in a crap area doesn't mean you have to be a crap head yourself.

If only they had the intelligence to think like that.

That's the difference between us and them!

Some people are beyond help though, I saw one youth today who had been arrested over 15 times this year. He won't change his ways until he spends time in jail, then he'll be the same as he was before. How can jail be a detterent if you get the mod cons (and more) of life at home? He'll just re-offend in the hope he'll get sent back to jail.

I hate how poverty is just used as an excuse for everything. Just because you don't have money, does not mean you have to be a complete retard all your life.

Never a tru-er word said, too many people claim to live in poverty. Look at the poor feckers in Africa who are living in poverty & literally have sweet FA, they will walk miles a day just to get dirty water to drink. Most of these scummers wont even walk down the offy to get there own fags, they'll send their kids!

Motivation & pride is whats missing from most of these scumbags, if you've got no pride why would ever try to motivating yourself to be a better person?

Who wants my house and £55k? I'm desperate to stamp on an old womans head for the £3 in her purse. As a dole dossing scrounger, I know I can get away with it.

You have it drilled into you from a young age you need qualifications to have a good job, so if you come from a crap area you should have more drive than anyone to do well. To get out of the crap hole life you live.

thats what iam saying, who is it that tell them that then? you dont know something with out being told, if there is no one there in the first place to tell you then you dont know. not everyone thinks the same, people have different out looks on things.

if a child has not been made to go school its not like they are going to really go of ther own back. when they know they can go out and get money without the need of school.

its people that teach children things as they grow up yes? so if they dont get told they dont know.

and poverty is not used for everything, but why would a child with money feel the need to do crime? the sort of crime kids are doing is to do with money, they want the flash stuff, and being in a gang is not just about crime, if you dont really have love at home a goupe of people/mates make them feel like your in a family. like you have a place.

its ok for people to say this and that when they dont live it. like a lot of people in power, they make rules but its not like its on the doorstep.

Children's attitudes develop from an early age, alot of kids dont have the right kind of role models etc, not have any sense of stability at home etc.

The truth is that kids will learn and do what they are shown by their own people, and will generally follow on and live a similar life. If they are born into chaos and crime as a daily reality then they arn't going to think anything of it.

It's the system that fails, there is no community anymore because people/familys move across the country alot more nowadays to be nearer a place of work etc. Parents dont have time to spend with their kids anymore because of work. Kids dont get dicaplined in school anymore, and know that they can commit minor crimes and get away with it, then they can just get worse from there onwards.

Many kids do not care about jail, some even think it's a cool place to hang out with your mates. Like a youth club.

I dont agree with Heartagram at all TBH, i think he has a very blinkered view of the world. I think you need to be more tolerant of other people and not let things get to you so much. Maybe just concentrate on being happy yourself and then other people wont matter so much.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1770

Edited by L119 UPO

i went for a few drinks last night and i bumped in to a lad i went to school with i have not seen him since 2000 he's 24 years old

he was an ok lad never what i would call a friend but ok all the same

he asked how things were what i had been up to and all that then he asked if i had any kids i said no what about you he said he has 5 kids and one on the way(there with 4 diffrent lass's) i asked how he found the time to make make them he said its bad to say i have been inside for 3 years for atemterd murder :wacko:

he has not got a job and does the odd bit on the side while still getting his dole :angry2:

he grew up round the corner from me and had what he wanted when he wanted it his mum thought the sun shined out his ass she worked at the local primary school and was well spoken

so where he went wrong i have not got a clue

shows its a mix of all sorts kids who get love at home and all ways have money can still go and be little brats or worse

Tbh, all we really need is a government that will stop being a load of fags. Put there foot down and say we won't take this crap anymore.

90% of people who you speak to say they don't like the way the country's going and they don't feel safe wondering about at night. You always see dodgy crap going down. Its just all crap.

Finding a government that isn't just a load of crooked money grabbing lovely persons is 80% of the battle though :rolleyes:

Dictatorship anyone?

Shoot every drug dealer, the police know who they are, shoot them and reinstate capital punishment.

Make the dole alot harder to get, and interview every person who wants it on a very strict policy of if they are able to work, make them work, give them a job for the government, even if it's working on the roads.

Bring as the States has, chain workers, chain them up, and make them create the road networks, manual labour, arm guards with shotguns.

Take away the paper work that needs to be done when a policeman stops and searches someone.

l119 upo you have made the point more clear that i wanted to make.

this way of life will not change to be honest its always been there, now just happens that the people doing it are getting younger, but people seem to be aiming at the kids, its the olders that are more to blame. kids are not that smart to get the amount of drugs in to the uk that are on the street at the moment. sort the olders who are giving the drugs to the kids and it will cut down.

but i carnt see anything changing it will just get worse and worse. its like the whole illegal immigrant thing, even if we want to change it, its too late.

this is what happend to a friend in my area. not to do with drugs just because to different gangs where at the same place same time. at that age it was more to do with getting a name for yourself, not for earning money just for respect.

http://www.croydonguardian.co.uk/display.v...&cid=893157

shows kids dont care about being inside. its a hoilday to most.