Magnesium wheels

v3rmin

probably next to nothing, wonder if you could clean them up with the logo's untouched.

Get them refurbed as the graphics are replaceable.

I still think my BBS are light at 4.9kg (15x7.5) :shades:

Mag's will be lighter. Magnesium is nearly half the density of aluminium and over a quarter of steel. I would hazard a guess at those being about 3.5-4kg each.

don't kerb them either they're likely to catch fire!

LOL. It's not as reactive as people make out. You can happily drill holes in Magnesium if you just take your time. You have to get some serious heat into it to get it to catch fire :P

LOL. It's not as reactive as people make out. You can happily drill holes in Magnesium if you just take your time. You have to get some serious heat into it to get it to catch fire :P

haha so as long as you hit the kerb very slowly then youll be fine...fantastic! hehe

I doubt they are pure magnesium anyway because the stuff is far too soft. cast Alloys are not pure aluminium, they have other metals in them.

Edited by L119 UPO

i tried setting alight pure magnesium i "took home" from science. a lighted match does nothing. or even a mine fire. i think you need bunsen power.

Yea i tried it with a huge ball ball of it and a lighter and it didnt work

I've heard mixed reports about the Dymags. Bonding CFRP to metal is notoriously difficult and I think there have been a few cases of them disintegrating! Get a set of these 13in Xentis made specially for the Graz Formula Student team last year. The whole car was reputedly worth £650,000!

DSC_5627.JPG