A seriously scary incident

Max69vk

Decided to take the Cinquecento out for a blast to clear the cobwebs before I sell it, bloody thing hasn't even been touched in 6 months let alone driven so I thought it would be a good idea to give it a clean etc. Only problem was I never made it the jet wash.....

Car started on the button & ran perfectly so I waited for it to warm up & then went to set off, only problem was I didn't move anywhere, damn brakes had seized on it again due to it sitting so long! A little wd40 & a gentle tease with a hammer & they were all released ready to drive off, so I've hopped in taking it easy as the brakes haven't even been bedded in. Things were all going fine except the brakes felt a little 'solid', but I put this down to them not being used for ages. I thought it would be a good idea to take the back rounds & try a couple of emergency stops to check they worked fine.... Big mistake!

Doing about 40mph I hit the centre pedal the car nose dives, then suddenly the brake pedal hits the the floor & I go veering off to the left nearly going up the pavement & wiping out a load of parked cars! Thankfully (God knows how) I managed to rip the handbrake up which stopped me just in time otherwise it would have been very messy. After a little time to pull myself together I looked into the OSF wheel well & there's brake fluid everywhere, then smoke starts pouring out the engine so I put the bonnet up & there's brake fluid everywhere in the engine too! After getting it towed home a quick inspection it looks like the OSF brake lines have literally exploded as I've stamped on the brakes! Im still a little stunned now & cant believe how lucky I was not have hit anything, to say I filled my pants would be a major major major understatement! :(

I made the mistake of letting a out of work mechanic neighbour fit some new rear pads on my Clio 16v. Drove down the A1 towards London approaching a roundabout and as I touched the brakes the centre pedal went straight to the floor. Had seconds to make a decision and pulled the hand brake up. Luckily managed to stop before crashing into the roundabout. Found out the T*at had not fitted them correctly and the caliper threw the pad out.

Must of lost a stone that day.

Edited by RallyeBaz

my first car was a cinq sportin (brilliant little car) always started first time in the cold. i had a few near misses init myself after seeing the seicento ncap test i decided to get rid as it would of crumpled like a paper bag.

lucky lucky man lol :lol:

I had a cinq sporting previous to the lupo. Well two technically. The first got rolled 4 times from 60mph. Walked away bruise and cut free. Tough little ****** that one

Yeah, friend of mine walked away from an Uno that had been rolled a few times across a field. The police wondered how the hell he'd walked away from it.