G-man's Arosa 1.4 TDI

g-man85

I've had the pleasure of owning for the last 18months my Seat Arosa 2002 1.4 PD TDI......

Engine:

1.4 3cyl PD TDI

Custom Code Phase 2 re-map

Jetex full exhaust system

De-cat

Simota induction kit

Exterior

Ibiza Cupra/GTI 15's alloys wearing BF Goodrich rubber

40mm AVO springs

Lupo GTI rear valance

Debadged mesh grills

ATE Grooved powerdiscs

HID H7 kit

Led sidelights

Interior

Full Ibiza Cupra half leather interior

Boost gauge

Sparco Gear knob

Sorry about the pics - needs a good clean :lol:

side-2.jpg

rear-2.jpg

rear2.jpg

lopside.jpg

front-1.jpg

seats.jpg

Its my daily hack (which is why its not mint) as i commute 70 miles a day does the job fine :D

Any comments and further ideas write it down....

Edited by g-man85

I'm happy the with the wheels as never seen an Arosa with the Ibiza Cupra rims on.

The sticker says 'diesel is not a dirty word' in the Porsche style font. lol

Might take that off though as novelty wore off a long time ago with the sticker.

I'm happy the with the wheels as never seen an Arosa with the Ibiza Cupra rims on.

The sticker says 'diesel is not a dirty word' in the Porsche style font. lol

Might take that off though as novelty wore off a long time ago with the sticker.

I have seen them one on arosa before, a girl at my uni had a red arosa sport with them on, took me a while to figure out what seat they were from mind :lol:

:lol: at your sticker, leave it on :)

i want that exhaust :) how much it cost? where from? and im gueing it goe under wheel well?

I'll have to get a pic of the exhaust undernearth sometime,

Its £243 from Jetex direct (not sure if cheaper elsewhere) and here's the exhaust itself which might self explain the fitting:

27-ch0large.jpg

The main section of the box is the same as the piping kind of goes around the back, but not quite fully underneath the wheel well. But the bracket will need to be fitted to the underneath (again need to check) which i'm sure its the wheel well.

Must get someone to film a soundclip as it sounds quite good under boost at 2000rpm :lol:

is the zaust hung below the spare wheel well? or have your cut it away? looks cool, nice motor mate. whats it puttin out with the remap?

Nothing has been cut away - its from Jetex and all fits very well. The rear valance is actually a Reiger which is around £180.

6E0800103A.jpg

As regards power, not quite sure what its running as never had it rolling road tested at full health (as kept having faulty MAF's and rolling road tested for diagnostics). But i don't think it'll be up there in the figures of 110hp+

Must get it done sometime though soon

ound a fair price for the exhaust :) must invest me thinks :) although i am wanting a letterbox design

One thing to keep in-mind is that the Jetex is aluminised steel, so not sure how long it'll last but one thing i know is that somepoint it'll need replacing....

Not sure how much a custom exhaust from Powerflow/long-life are?

I've always liked a nice sized letter box exhaust.

:shades:

Cool colou, I think the wheels suit it well, curvy spokes with curvy bodywork, loving the centre exit, remapped tdi can never be bad, only things to (imo of course) would be something to tie the front valance with the rear (I know options are limited) and perhaps black door panels. I say perhaps as I think they match the bottom dash and carpet and may be a similar shade to the centre of the seats which would help tie it together and changing dash and carpets is a fair bit of faffing about.

I'd be happy with it as a daily:D

Cheers for the comments:

I have thought about lots of subtle changes such as black door cards, crome handle levers, de-lock drivers side....etc...

The issue is the cost of getting them as my cars not 100% mint as it does so many miles and has come across a few inconsiderate car park users :angry: However I know they often come up for grabs in the sale section so might replace the plastics and door cards sometime in the future if the price of doing so is reasonable as the grey cloth gets dirty easily and stained from any rain water than comes in the window if you get caught out by the rain :blush:

My car is only on 55K at the moment but as i'm doing 20K a year miles, if I keep it for the 2 more years I plan it'll be between 90-100K - lol.

The front valance used to be colour coded but it became so badly stone chip'd on my journeys it started to look extremely tatty so in the end i peeled the paint off as I got the bodyshop to spray the lower part for no more cost but didn't pay extra to get it full primed/sanded down hence the paint came off easily. But on my other bumper it was pebble-dashed with stone chips and made the car look very neglected. But with the miles I do its a nice change that would slowly become stone-chip'd like mad.

looks cool likein the interior although ur exhaust looks to be sittin offcentre in the bumper recess..

Due to the fact its a centre exhaust coming from the side (i.e. has to curve around the wheel well) the mounts are not really designed for the centre exhaust, so after a bit of time the rubbers have stretched a little.

But i'm looking at replacing with the rubbers with some nice fresh one's so that should bring the exhaust back to the centre :)

Nice, this is the first time I've seen proper pics of your car. Good colour, and the wheels suit it too.

I'm not sure on the Rieger rear valance but it does a good job of hiding the exhaust pipe B). I'm not a big fan of them because of the way they just sit over the bumper and stick out at the edges. I think it would look good smoothed into the bumper and finished in black to match the front, though whether it would be worth the expense I don't know.

Not planning to spend any more money on it really modifying wise as not really wanting to put any more money into it other than keeping it serviced and running well.

I do love the colour, just a shame the paint work gets a little bit chip'd from the motorway miles. I'm waiting for a nice weekend to clay the car and give it a megieurs 3 step detailing to bring out the sparkle in the paint that is brilliant and hopefully get my mate with his Nikon digi slr to capture the sunlight on the metalic paintwork.

Next mods are possibly HID's however not sure if i'll just stick to my main headlights as they're ok for now but an induction kit is all i'm going for.

Cars going for a rolling road session with Seatcupra.net on March 1st but not expecting great figures as think my MAF may have gone again :angry2:

But even if i make 100hp i'll be happy :lol:

I agree with the Reiger bumper comments, not as smooth as i'd like it to be but if i had money i'd love to smooth the front and rear bumpers.

OLW: the original wheels I got the car with (colour coded centres) did make me wanna puke at times hence I belted them off at a cheap price when I could :lol:

Hi!

I'm lovin the car, 1.4 TDI is the way forward..how does it sound with that exhaust? Got a vid mate?

Cheers.

Exhaust sounds good for a diesel; hard to explain. Sounds like a boomy bass note. Haven't got any vids of the exhaust, as only time i've heard it in full swing was when getting a diagnostic test on a rolling road so i heard it for the first time which impressed me.

Will see what I have lying around, but the main exhaust sound comes under the load/boost rather than revving at stationary.

Might get the misses to film it this weekend :lol:

• 1 month later...

Gave it a good clean to get some good photo's of the paint work to be used for when I create the advert to sell her:

DSCN0695.jpg

DSCN0696.jpg

But new addition (well been on for a month)

Are my HID's

DSCN0738.jpg

DSCN0742.jpg

LED white sidelights to match the colour

DSCN0747.jpg

And how bright are they........

From the inside cabin (yellow light is highbeam to show the difference)

DSCN0746.jpg

From outside of the car

DSCN0740.jpg

Got mine pointing a little low so they don't dazzle users but they give such a crisp amount of light I don't need highbeam unless going down a long dark country lane.

HID kit cost me £40 including postage from HongKong, yes its a cheapie type kit but couldn't justify spending £80 on the same kit but from a UK seller, £40 is the cost of 2 sets of bright bulbs which tend to blow (and when one goes you have to buy another pair!)

Easy to fit, and with the Arosa's they can be mounted easily and securly. Best £40 i've ever spent really, but sadly summer time means i do not use them as much.