1 litre tuning.. is it possible??

tommy10101

to give the answer everyone else wants to read....put a bigger engine in it

to give my answer yea itll not be that fast but itll be fun through the twisty bits and cheap to run so bloomin' do it :D

Wouldn't exactly call it cheap to run....

Been told that to get any decent power from the 1.0, you are looking at full race tuning. So thats lots of work to start with (no simple bolt-on bits), silly fuel consumption, servicing every few thousand miles, very likely to go bang, new engine after a much shorter time.....

Fun, and a good project if you had another daily - but not cheap!

Edited by lunalupi

I may buy a one litre and fit some parts I've got lying around which should make it stupidly quick and see how long it takes to make the thing go bang.

I'd do it in an mk4 polo though.

fair enough there not as tunable as i thought lol not really a jap motor is it

still would be nice to see people start playing with smaller motors, manifolds remaps to make them a bit more pokey

Edited by chie

Yep, I had started looking at playing with the Arosa, then I bought the GTi. It would all be about engineering as said above.

Don't forget lightened and balanced crank and flywheel.

I used to play with Imps (998 - 1300) and whilst they were never super cars, the were spirited and fun to drive!

You could also look at putting carbs/throttle bodies on, but the main thing would be porting, polishing, balancing and lightening.

Oh and lightening the dead weight the engine is pulling around too.

It would be nice to see a 1.0 being played with seriously.

Ray

It is onyl a 1.0 after all, people never buy them for their performance so any increase over standard would be good.

I'd do it in an mk4 polo though.

Why the Polo :wacko: Its much heavier and slower than a 1.0 lupo so you would be going backwards, best of making the lighter lupo faster.

would it be at all possible to gain 25-50% bhp tuning with parts to a 1.0 50 bhp arosa engine..

other than an engine swap obviously.. i know people will say that..

????

It can be done, but wont last too long, well saying that.....

Before the lupo i had a van aaken chinquecento turbo. it started off as a 1.1 with 54Bhp and i had it RR'ed at 120bhp on hight boost, so the answer to your question is yes it can be done.

A friend of mine had recently rebuilt an engine from a hillman imp as a part of his dissertation, thats been just tested at 132bhp at the flywheel. and thats an 875cc engine!

All depends on how much you throw at it or develop your idea, i cheated and had a ready made kit for my cinq, just strapped it all on and had it mapped to suit.

All depends on what you want to do, personally i wanted to go faster, so ig to a bigger engine and a nicer car to suit that engine!

I had a 1108 cinquecento sport that in the begining had 54 hp, when I sold it, the engine was on the 100 hp... Nothing that money and work can`t do...

Van Aarken charger kit?