my GTI

andyloop

just thought id put up some pictures of my gti.

i bought it from the editior of PVW and it was also used in track and race car magazine as a long term test car. its the car used for the buyers guide they did.

ive just washed and polished it so its looking a bit better.

so far i have changed the side lights to white leds and bought a new gti badge.

ive just taken the rear trim out of the car as the rear washer wasnt working, i did a bit of investigating and found the rear pipe had come apart in the rear quarter so when i was spraying it was filling the rear wing up.

but its all fixed and dried out now! :shades:

future palns arent much as its just a daily drive, (im building a 200+bhp 16v turbo mini track day car in my spare time)

i want to fit the standard rear badges and change the black vw badges for chrome ones

buy a set of standard wheels

wind the coilovers down

fit a bonnet bra

and get the lower bumper panel re sprayed

oh and get to all the shows in the summer

DSC01679.jpg

DSC01682.jpg

DSC01683.jpg

Cool car, i love the black centres against the red paintwork. Is this the one with over 100k miles on it? I never realised the lad who used to have it worked for PVW?

• 3 weeks later...

i have found time around building my mini to give the car a good clean all over now.

i havr just won a brand new lower bumper on ebay, which i will get sprayed and fit sometime soon.

im also going to fit new pads and discs all round this weekend if i get a chance.

and ive just been generally driving about loving it! :wub:

ive got to admit ive really caught the bug with this car.

it gets so much attension.

ive had a bit of a spend up, ive bought a brand new lower front bumper of ebay, never fitted in primer so when the weather gets a bit better i will get that sprayed up and fit it.

ive also been to GSF today and bought brand new pagid pads and zimmerman discs all round, im going to take these into my work and mill some grooves into them so i have grooved discs all round.

im also trying to source some gti wheels and i think i have found a set.

• 5 weeks later...

pads and discs are now fitted and working well, i didnt groove them but they didnt really need it.

ive just bought a k&n replacement filter for it, and its booked in for a service friday im having the usal oil filter plugs and fuel filter done, k&n fitted (free of charge) and also im going to get the brake fluid changed.

im also on the look out for a starter motor as mine is whining.

• 2 weeks later...

all serviced now, didnt go quite as expected as the ht leads broke down after the plugs were changed causing a miss fire, then when i went to change them the ends were corroded into the coil pack, so it now has a new coil pack and leads, genuine of course.

im going to take the starter off this weekend and grease it, i will get the part number when its off as the parts guy at VW said there is 9 different ones listed, not sure i belive that but never mind!

• 1 month later...

havent really done anything to the car, apart from beating off the chavs.

i love the fact that fiest STs can be kept up with easily :shades:

been to renagade dubs meet a couple of times, just found a picture of my car on their website looking mint as ever

phoca_thumb_l_IMG_2573.jpg

cheers guys.

i lost one of my tow eye covers at the weekend so im going to go to vw and buy a new one tommorrow, i will try and get my new lower bumper sprayed up at the same time as i get the cap done if i can afford it!

pete, was you lupo a silver gti?

yeah the wheels are lenso rs5's wanna buy them?

i remember seeing it down there it looked really nice.

yeah the turbs stole the show really didnt they!

Nice looker!

Can you confirm if the front spoiler came with the grilles? The guy at my local VW dealer thinks they are separate peices.

I was lead to believe they were moulded :wacko:

I tend to believe the latter as it came from 'here'!

R

Nice looker!

Can you confirm if the front spoiler came with the grilles? The guy at my local VW dealer thinks they are separate peices.

I was lead to believe they were moulded :wacko:

I tend to believe the latter as it came from 'here'!

R

They appear to be moulded:

N63-0079.png

Deek.