My Gti

Huw Pugh

looking very nice, the detailing looks good to, want mine doing after most of the bad weather has passed, where are you based? thought about buying a pc but waiting for the 240v UDM to come out.

Do you have lowered suspension at all?

Get some adaptors and them rims on ASAP!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm based in South Wales, but don't do it full time. Just here and there. The UDM is going to be the must have tool for 2008 i think.

No suspension as yet, but will have coilies by Too soon to talk about this time of year! hopefully. Not going to bother with the wheels until well into next year now due to weather. :shades:

• 1 month later...

Done a few little mods since my last update. I had a PiperX filter off my brother for Xmas. I fitted it but was using the standard cold air feed and another temporary feed while I ordered some proper ducting.

DSCF4594.jpg

Then a BMC came up for grabs, so not wanting to miss an opportunity (or perhaps have my cake and eat it!!) I snapped it up. I wanted to see how it compared to the PiperX, but now it's fitted the performance is quite noticable.

DSCF4597.jpg

The cold air feed sits nicely down behind the front grill.

DSCF4600.jpg

I also bought an engine cover (there wasn't one on the car when I bought it) and that now tidies up the bay a bit. It's a shame it covers the BMC, but I don't like the look without it and I don't want to cut it.

DSCF4601.jpg

Edited by Huw Pugh

The other little mod of the month was the loss of a cupholder and addition of a cointray. I can control my ipod through my headunit, so i thought I'd modify the cointray to hold my nano safely out of sight. It had previously been in the cubby below the headunit.

DSCF4588.jpg

The rear of the tray needed some minor cutting for the cable..

DSCF4592.jpg

Job done

DSCF4593.jpg

Just waiting for my colies now and that'll be another mod ticked off. :shades:

• 1 month later...

We went for a little mid week jaunt up to Stroud this week. The reason: new rear lightage.

Inside the smoked section was a little orange piece of plastic. A brief encounter with a soldering iron, and it was bye bye orangeyness.

DSCF4757Custom.jpg

Before:

DSCF4758Custom.jpg

After:

DSCF4759Custom.jpg

Looking very swish mate, also the good old piping from VWworks. I think everyone will have some soon but it's all good LOL.

Need some cambridge rears myself, they just make the rear look so much nicer and strangly update the look.

You know you could buy an ipod dock and fit that into the coin tray, but on the other hand i think it's better out of sight, plus you can have your earphones tucked in there too.

Threads like these make me want to have a big blowout and buy a becker and the ipod mod, and a sub/components. The standard system is lacking big time.

Edited by L119 UPO

Cheers guys. :shades:

The original plan was to put an Ipod dock in there, but when I thought about it, it made sense to keep the ipod tucked way. Its all controlled through the headunit so I dont need access to the ipod. Plus when I nip to the shops, I only need to pop the face off the headunit and can leave the ipod hidden.

Yeah the car is tucked away in the day time, I don't use it for work. But I am around and about in the evenings though, usually on my way to my mates in the Bay.

How the heck does your BMC fit under your engine cover by the way? Lights look sweet - Everytime i see cambridge lights i want them more and more.

Nice shine to him/her too :)

How the heck does your BMC fit under your engine cover by the way? Lights look sweet - Everytime i see cambridge lights i want them more and more.

Nice shine to him/her too :)

It just bolted straight on. Not quite sure how mine is different to others who can't fit them under though... :confused:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's been a few weeks since my last update so it's about time I added another mod. First up, i'm going to bore you with some more clean car pics, just becuase...

DSCF4764.jpg

DSCF4761.jpg

DSCF4767.jpg

DSCF4770.jpg

And so... on to the next mod...

I've been in 2 minds about lowering the car as I'm quite liking the ride comfort. It's stiff enough to handle, but soft enough to be comfortable. However, as much as I liked it, I knew in the long run it'd need to come down once the wheels went on. Naturally only coilies would do and a good few weeks ago these arrived:

DSCF4674Custom.jpg

A little call to my mate and we got them fitted up this weekend.

Midway through :lol:

DSCF4780.jpg

And now sitting nice and low.

DSCF4785.jpg

DSCF4858.jpg

DSCF4859.jpg

Unfortunately it would seem I sucked at picture taking this weekend, so will try and get some better pics up another time.

loving those clean pictures!! absolutley spot on!

...this awfull weather is getting me down, im in desperate need to spend a few days cleaning mine.

car is looking fit and healthy too :shades: