Not a lupo, though still VW

Tallika_Fan

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time round it was slammed, ish, on the ronals, as they ar 15's they still knocked the bumpstops and driveshafts on the chassis.

A couple of pics from yesteryear; as she usually ran round.

PLOUGH800.jpg

One time at inters when i couldn't be bothered lowering the front and back, so just dod the fron, right to the bumpstops. then drove back from ipswich to cheshire, very bumpy ride!!

DSCF1084.jpg

• 1 month later...

Cheers mate, my dad had a 1.5 gl, i think that's what got me started on them, though it a darker blue than mine.

My first golf was a champagne coloured (read gold) 1300 driver, was ace!! Loved it to bits, Had a full gti interior. Might have to dig up some photos.

Auto is the lazy way to drive, fun times.

• 4 months later...

Just found some videos that i made from when i installed the carbs, thought i'd share. Excuse the narrator, he was a little overjoyed that he managed to get it running. :wacko:

th_golf-alive.jpg

th_golf-walkaround.jpg

This is a vid i took when i sold it and the next owner stuck it on a trailer.

th_golf-leaving.jpg

And lastly a photo i took from Alltypes this year.

DSC00697.jpg

cheers guys!

Just gotta get it through it's MOT tomorrow morning. Failed at the weekend.

Nothing major though, steering rack gaiters, coilover locking rings needed tightening, wipers weren't working (fuse) emissons were well out.

Yay, took it for the retest this morning. Passed!!

So got a ticket for the next year now. So i can go camping this weekend safe in the knowledge it's all legal!

DSC00805.jpg

Edited by Tallika_Fan

Hehe, cheers, there are better examples, though if you've got rose tinted glasses then it's all good.

Si, don't worry, turned it all back up now, ran like shite when it was all leaned off.

Camping was a success at the weekend, even though it's puffing blue smoke when i get back on the throttle, never mind, only a problem for the folks behind me. Guess the valve seals are out.

Hehe, you have to in that car park, though to be fair the space behind isn't big enough for another car as it's trapezoidal (sp.)

Almost alone, here is a pic from years ago you can just make out a van behind me though pretty much on my own in that one too.

Lonely.jpg

It is indeed.

I was the receiver of another mod at the weekend!! Out on my cousins stag do in Blackpool, got back to the hotel to this.

DSC00848.jpg

Drove back 70miles like this.

DSC00851.jpg

Now looks like this.

DSC00855.jpg

Though i picked up a rear screen yesterday at inters for £20 so that'll hopefully go in soon.